VIRGINIA BEACH EATSSS (=

Options
heyy guys, I am going to Virginia beachhh next wekk. super excited, and going with the everything in moderation rulee I am planning on enjoyingg the cuisine/specialties of thiss. Any suggestinss for healthy eats/must have indulgence specialtiess? and in general for vacation dieting (I usually turn the other way with calorie counting o vacaa but i'm doing it this timee! )
thankss in advance (:

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite vacation spots! Obviously the biggest thing is seafood. There is a seafood buffet on every block it seems like and that's actually a great thing to eat. Shrimp, crab, lobster and fish that's been baked or broiled (sans butter if available) with vegetable sides and baked potatoes. Enjoy your vacation!

EDIT: Also, there's a boardwalk that runs along the beach and is a great place to run or walk and most hotels along there have rent by the hour or day bike shops. You can also walk Atlantic Ave instead of taking the trolley.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I was just at VA Beach! Unfortunately I had a difficult time there as a vegan but if you like seafood you have lots of good options to choose from!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    There are wonderful seafood buffets in VA Beach all over in the strip behind the boardwalk, and there was a little pizza shop that we tried last summer and loved! If you're staying in a hotel, there should be a convenience book that will show you all the restaurants in the area, and the staff should be able to recommend stuff.

We stayed at Sandcastle Hotel, and they were the ones that recommended some of the places we tried. Even if you're not staying there, asking them may be helpful.
  • Leisa007
    Leisa007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a Va Beach local. Are you trying to stay close to the oceanfront? I could give you so many places to eat, but none of them are along the boardwalk. How far are you willing to go? From seafood, piazza joints, steaks, Japanese, etc I can give you some suggestions. Message me and let me know what you're looking for and I'll send some suggestions.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.vbrestaurantguide.com/. claims to be impartial and has links to most websites where you can check out the menus. Have a great vacation.

sorry, thought they had website links, but they don't. Reviews are pretty extensive though
  • deetsss
    deetsss Posts: 16
    Options
    Thankss so much guyss! this is awesomee, and obviously im glad theres lotsaaaa seafood, but i also have a sweet tooth, and I decidedd I can work out and balance... anyy good cupcake places aroundd? (: and thanks again guyss! I like th seafood ideaa, and good areas in chesapeake bay?