newbie!

Options
Hello everyone, im excited to be apart of this website and hope to make really good progress with losing weight and toning up. Im 24 with 3 kids and after my twins its been hard to get back into shape. :flowerforyou: and working full time is hard to keep up with and snacking all day at a desk job. I hope i can get a lot of support and follow through to meet my goal.

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm also new myself...I'm 22 and weight 255 now.....(On the first i weight 265:( )......I think this website is wonderful. I never really realized how many calories i took in and been looking up everything online to see how much cals everything has. No wonder why america is full of fat *kitten* lol! Anyways good luck to you and can't wait to see your transformation!
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think this site is NIFTY.. it seems to have friendly people on here, and you can log on your diet and exercise...

It helps keep things in prospective .... Literally today for lunch, I did not want to eat a hamburger and FF because of this website and knowing it would be shameful to have to add that nasty hamburger to my daily food ... So, it does help with accountability.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey! This site is awesome and has great motivation/support on it. Just take advantage of all this site has to offer and you will reach your goals! Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • imastar512
    Options
    Thank you
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    A big welcome to the newest batch of newbies! This is THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...i'm sure mcdonalds has helped me put on like 90% of my extra weight and i never thought of it as "that bad" then i looked it up online and was sooo shocked....i literally got nauseous thinking about how many calories i consumed a week from fast food alone. So now everytime i want something that i think might even be remotely bad, i look it up online and see for myself.....saved me froma lot of bad choices these past fifteen days lol.
  • sierrafielding91
    Options
    Hello, I am really excited to keep track of my calories and exercise. I have been pretty careless lately and I can feel it. I'm not on here to lose a ton of weight, just to trim down and tone up. I used to be in great shape when I ran cross country in high school, But i haven't had a regular workout routine since. My biggest goal is to get in shape and feel healthy. I know that it will make me feel a lot happier.
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    {waves}

Welcome!