I finally got through my plateau!

Options
I have been so discouraged that I couldn't break the 15 pound loss plateau. It seems like me getting a nasty cold :sick: and not eating all of my calories for 2 days is what helped but, needless to say, I'm at an 18 pound loss now. I hope it stays off!!

It feels soooo good to be past that 15 pounds. That's the time when, in prior efforts to lose weight, I just stopped losing, got frustrated and gave up.

I need all the encouragement I can get because my 1st goal is to lose 20 pounds (and then I'll treat myself to a new haircut :happy: ) and then lose 50 pounds by Christmas. This is the most dedicated I've ever been to losing weight. Ugh. I need to stay motivated.:ohwell:

Help! :sad:

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Woweee! You GO Girl!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    18 lbs. is MAjOr!!! Stay on it......... :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile:

Not eating for a couple of days maybe gave you a jump start?
    Our bodies seem to like changing things up. :laugh: :noway:

Best of luck and keep on trucking baby! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Cangratulations on what you've lost so far! Just remember if you are honest with yourself and you continue to have a positive attitude about losing weight (even when the scale doesn't want to move, it will in time) that you will lose the weight! It really is all up to how you feel about it and how much work you're willing to put into it. You can do this - Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You GO there girl!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:

Just keep up the hard work and you will amazed at what you can accomplish!
    I've lost 25 lbs total, but havn't lost anything in about 2 weeks!!! -ugh! Its driving me insane, but i just continue to be good and ill get there!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you!! You're doing AWESOME! You stuck with it thru that plateau and now you are at 18 pounds!! Hip-Hip-Hurray!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Be aware that you may be really hungry the next few days. Be prepared for it and stick with your calories! You're body may try to rebel and catch up for those days you didn't eat as much when you were sick. I know my body does that! You just keep on doing the right things and show your hunger and your body who is boss! :wink:

I am SUPER proud of you. You can. You are. Yippee! Go You!! :flowerforyou:

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thats wus up ma:flowerforyou:
  • mojomcgee
    Options
    Good for you!!! I know I'm not supposed to but when I plateau I also drastically reduce my cals for a few days to get things rolling again. It works and I haven't regained any after I go back to my 1200 cals. Even on those days that I eat over 2k cals (even 2-3 days in a row but not more) the scale stays the same, but if I eat like a pig 3 or more days it shows. Hang in there - you and I both know you can do this! Good luck:)