Calling all college students!

2»

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    My college makes french fries that kick mcdonalds a*s. so frustrating
  • I'm about to be a senior and thank goodness I'm finally living off campus next school year lol. Dorm food was great but too unhealthy (rather, it's too tempting to eat unhealthy foods).

I definitely gained the freshmen 15 (and then even more weight my sophomore year), but I've lost 20 lbs. since then, so yeah. Basically, i started using this website/app and going to the gym periodically.
  • CSU2012
    CSU2012 Posts: 145 Member
    I'm graduating in September, but off campus.
  • add me plz college student going into junior year of college i need my internet friendzzz. for encouragement
  • Hi! I'll be a senior in the fall. Lets motivate each other! Does anyone have a fitblr? :)
  • I'm going to be a college freshman this fall and this topic is making me kind of nervous honestly. Everyone is complaining about how much weight they gained their first year eating the food at school, and that's what I'm going to be doing. I have a meal plan and I don't have the ability or the money to buy groceries or cook my own food. I'm stuck with the cafeteria and the "food court" like places the campus has. Am I doomed to fail? We do have a gym that I plan on using a lot....
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Try to get off of campus as soon as possible. I spent only one year in the dorms and eating in the cafeteria because I wrote a letter to my University with a chart showing how much money I would save living off campus. If that's not an option right now, you just have to learn how to eat the bad things in moderation. There usually are calorie counts above the food, and if not I think your school has to provide them if you ask.

I had trouble with eating a lot during my freshman year at college, but there were periods where I tried to lose weight and could. You can control yourself! You don't have to eat the bad foods! Believe me!
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    I'll be a senior graduating next spring! :D I spent a semester abroad in England and worked out a lot and lost weight, only to gain it back once I got home. :( Now I'm trying to get back to where I was! Feel free to add me! :D
  • jenna324
    jenna324 Posts: 28
    Grad student. Luckily my degree is in nutrition & food science so I know better when it comes to making the right eating choices. It is SOOOO easy for campuses to aid in weight gain because they offer pizza, ice cream ,etc. During mid-terms and finals our campus had all you can eat breakfast buffet for 48 hours (seriously, it ran 48 hours straight).
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    I'm going to be a freshman this year and I'm super nervous about gaining weight, especially since I have already worked super hard to lose 40 lbs! Ahg nerve wracking!
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    know exactly what you are going through. i gained almost 40 pounds the last year. we have this massive buffet with ice cream and a whole table just of desserts and those are pretty much the only things that taste good.
    fortunately we have multiple campus eating options so i can go have a veggie sub or a salad whenever i want ^^ doesn't make it any easier thoug!

25846456.png