Poll: Where are you from?

Options

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    No No Santa Cruz, CA The Lockheed fire...the most expensive this year (no wonder were in debt) was down the road from me. Great Helicopter shots. Everyone is OK though.
    Hey, I'm originally from Santa Cruz! Well, Boulder Creek actually. I miss it terribly!!

Oh that's nice to know....so where are you now? Do you like it better?
    Phoenix, AZ and I HATE it. No trees, no water, big city. It's pretty gross. But I've been here 15 years now and can afford to live here comfortably so I don't see us moving. I just visit as often as I can!

Entirely different Eco system. So yes your use to Giant Redwoods, Summer morning Fog to cool down the hot days of summer & the beach within a stones throw....no wonder you miss it.:tongue: Just Teasing. I love Arizona. But on the bright side...you probably have AC house, a beautiful big cool pool & a awesome covered patio with a BBQ built in and now redwood leaves dropping on your car to make red stains??? See now who has it good?:laugh: :laugh:

Enjoy, enjoy. The grass isn't always greener. unless you live in OR like Barbara:wink:
    Your killing me! I even miss the redwood droppings! Even if they did ruin my favorite blouse in high school because my mom hung it to dry outside!

LOL I told my husband yesterday about you & how your from here originally...1st thing he said was Arizona? "No Trees".

I love the dry look & he loves the Tree Look. So we have a Rock Water Fall less the Water in our yard. I have an idea....lets trade:laugh:

No wonder your skinny...the heat wreaks my appetite! Am I right or what?:smokin:

No trees in AZ.... that's for true! Unless you count cacti?? :laugh: :flowerforyou:
    I was in "plant & flower shock" moving to 'green OR' from 'brown AZ' in May.

AZ is most beautiful in the spring & winter.
    OR is most beautiful in the summer & fall.
    CA is most beautiful all the dang time!
    I'll take a home in each place please! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    never been to OR .... but lived in AZ (cottonwood) love flagstaff .... sister lives in scottsdale (i like that too) but i have lived in cali since i was in 2nd grade(eons ago) LOL LOL LOL .....
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sarasota, FL - some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
  • duie7
    Options
    Eastern Iowa
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jersey Girl. Lived here all my life except for a few years in Phoenix, AZ.

I liked the Phoenix area. Didn't mind the heat, the lack of "green" and really liked the cacti.

Now I live in the same town I went to grade & high school in. My kids have some of the same teachers I had in grade school.

147642.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Born In Sunny Cali not live in
    Hot Oven Las Vegas
    Where we have the most beautiful summer sunrise.
  • trifitness
    trifitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    currently el paso tx.
    from upstate ny
  • mrsrossi
    Options
    Orig from Molalla Oregon, now in Wasilla Alaska
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Indiana
  • mkwood10
    Options

Hey exsargex, don't be slamming on JC.....it's not the same place it was 20+ years ago, but people would rather repeat the same old stupid stuff than admit that the place has changed..........for the better. :grumble: :grumble:

We thought the same old stuff when we got sent back here in 1991, but were very surprised to see how much it'd changed since the "gals" hung out at 10th& Washington on payday weekends!! We CHOSE to buy and live in JC rather than Manhattan. :wink:

hahahahha. Yeah alot of the crime and drugs moved over to Salina, that city has gone down the crapper the last few years. I agree that whole area has tripled since I used to live in Manhattan. I was in a band back in 97-98, our guitarist was born and raised in JC. We'd go out there and pick him up for practice... it was bad (as you stated) hookers, drugs, shootings & stabbings. Most of the soldiers didn't even wanna hang out in JC, haha.

p.s. i meant i'd rather hang myself then make the "drive" out there and back. 70 is the lamest drive thru Kansas.

I agree with you about the drive west on I-70 but at least from KC to JC it's got some hills and variety to look at. Get west of Russell and it's like a moonscape all the way to Denver!:laugh: :laugh: No wonder they call eastern Colorado/western Kansas "the Outback"!!
  • Leslieprays
    Leslieprays Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me - Southern California
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

Hey exsargex, don't be slamming on JC.....it's not the same place it was 20+ years ago, but people would rather repeat the same old stupid stuff than admit that the place has changed..........for the better. :grumble: :grumble:

We thought the same old stuff when we got sent back here in 1991, but were very surprised to see how much it'd changed since the "gals" hung out at 10th& Washington on payday weekends!! We CHOSE to buy and live in JC rather than Manhattan. :wink:

hahahahha. Yeah alot of the crime and drugs moved over to Salina, that city has gone down the crapper the last few years. I agree that whole area has tripled since I used to live in Manhattan. I was in a band back in 97-98, our guitarist was born and raised in JC. We'd go out there and pick him up for practice... it was bad (as you stated) hookers, drugs, shootings & stabbings. Most of the soldiers didn't even wanna hang out in JC, haha.

p.s. i meant i'd rather hang myself then make the "drive" out there and back. 70 is the lamest drive thru Kansas.

I agree with you about the drive west on I-70 but at least from KC to JC it's got some hills and variety to look at. Get west of Russell and it's like a moonscape all the way to Denver!:laugh: :laugh: No wonder they call eastern Colorado/western Kansas "the Outback"!!

There are some great State Highways for motorcycle rides though! My dad and I take K-4 outta topeka and over to Highway 99 or thru Alta Vista on that Skyline Drive, which is beautiful. 177, thru Manhattan and up around Tuttle Creek. Lots of great routes up there.
  • cherishimo
    Options
    North Carolina, too.
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Proudly a Houstonian.... native... Except for a few years here and there....

Houston TX (the Heights)....
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jackson, MS
  • mkwood10
    Options

There are some great State Highways for motorcycle rides though! My dad and I take K-4 outta topeka and over to Highway 99 or thru Alta Vista on that Skyline Drive, which is beautiful. 177, thru Manhattan and up around Tuttle Creek. Lots of great routes up there.

Ahhhhhhhh a fellow rider!!! :happy: :happy: A couple of weeks ago we went cross country to Council Grove (big mistake - map said it was paved - it lied!!!! 10+ miles of gravel + 2 Harleys = 2 guys giving me a hard time about navigating onto gravel roads:laugh: :laugh: ), down 177 thru Cassoday (beautiful road) to Hwy 54, back east to Hwy99 (another AWESOME route), took it back to Wamego then back to JC.........beautiful ride, even if it was cold all day! Strange to be in jacket, chaps and gloves in early September!! Hubby's headed to Pawhuska tomorrow for rally; I'm not a primitive camper, so I'll have the weekend to myself!:laugh: Haven't done the ride around Tuttle completely, usually end up around Milford cuz that's closer. Boating season's about done :sad: , so we'll be riding a lot more on weekends now.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhhhh a fellow rider!!! :happy: :happy: A couple of weeks ago we went cross country to Council Grove (big mistake - map said it was paved - it lied!!!! 10+ miles of gravel + 2 Harleys = 2 guys giving me a hard time about navigating onto gravel roads:laugh: :laugh: ), down 177 thru Cassoday (beautiful road) to Hwy 54, back east to Hwy99 (another AWESOME route), took it back to Wamego then back to JC.........beautiful ride, even if it was cold all day! Strange to be in jacket, chaps and gloves in early September!! Hubby's headed to Pawhuska tomorrow for rally; I'm not a primitive camper, so I'll have the weekend to myself!:laugh: Haven't done the ride around Tuttle completely, usually end up around Milford cuz that's closer. Boating season's about done :sad: , so we'll be riding a lot more on weekends now.

Great to hear from some Kansas girls :) The rides you describe are beautiful. I absolutely LOVE the flint hills, the area around Cassoday I think is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Anyone who believes Kansas is flat and boring should drive through there - (not that Kansas dosen't have its fair share of flat and boring - but there are some beautiful areas too) I'm not a rider, but have driven those highways and love them.
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

Great to hear from some Kansas girls :) The rides you describe are beautiful. I absolutely LOVE the flint hills, the area around Cassoday I think is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Anyone who believes Kansas is flat and boring should drive through there - (not that Kansas dosen't have its fair share of flat and boring - but there are some beautiful areas too) I'm not a rider, but have driven those highways and love them.

slight correction...i'm a guy.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Originally from Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
    Currently in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada!
  • bnewag123
    Options
    Indiana
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Northern, NJ - no, not where they film the Sopranos' - NJ is so much prettier than people give it credit for!!!