Clean Eating

April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Curious to see how many people are eating clean? How has it made you feel?

Replies

• Exactly what is "clean eating"?
  • I do clean eating. . as close as I can. natural food, no preservatives.. . . and I've found that now I'm not eating too much meat.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I wish I could...I don't have the willpower, the means or the motivation to eat clean, unfortunately.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Me!! Come join us on the CE thread! :bigsmile: And it has made a HUGE difference in how I feel. Very limited migraines (used to get them all of the time), more energy, and a huge difference in my mid-section. I can't imagine going back to eating processed junk now!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63836--clean-eaters-thread
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    I wish I could...I don't have the willpower, the means or the motivation to eat clean, unfortunately.

I know right :laugh: :laugh: although I need to start just to see
  • I have to eat everything organic so I basically eat clean and it has made a world of difference. I have started to lose weight when I am taking a medication that makes it almost impossible to lose weight. So it really does make a difference and you can tell when you don't eat something that is clean because it will cause you to fill sick, bloated, or have diarrhea if you try to go back to eating stuff with preservatives, etc.

Good Luck and you should really try it!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I'm not sure all what "clean eating" entails. Personally, I began to cut out anything that had sugar or corn syrup of any kind on the label.

For breads, I bought rice cakes. I bought peanut butter with no sugar added, Kashi Whole Grain Nuggets cereal with no sugar, plain yogurt.

I'm on a super tight budget, so I'm living primarily on these. I have no problem with meats, but can't afford them. If I could, I'd eat 'em.

I have eggs now and then made with real butter. No phony baloney chemicals-- no sugar, no diet drinks with chemicals--

Results? I lost almost 7 pounds of crud around my middle and inner thighs in about 7-8 weeks. I had a menstrual cycle with next to no bloating-- I'm a believer.

Also, it must be said, this past cycle I'd allowed the sugar to creep back in here and there. Always within calorie limit, but it got back in my system-- my last cycle was as bloated as ever before.

Sugar and chemicals are the devil, my friends. Steer clear!!
This discussion has been closed.