Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I can't lose the last 10lbs!

This week I have lost nothing! Everytime I diet I reach this weight then give up, I find it dffucult to shed the last 10lbs! why is this happening? any tips?? I have lost nothing this week :(

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Patience!
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    This week I have lost nothing! Everytime I diet I reach this weight then give up, I find it dffucult to shed the last 10lbs! why is this happening? any tips?? I have lost nothing this week :(

Shock your body

If you don't do weight training, start!
    If you don't do high intensity workouts, start!

Have a week at your maintenance caories, then go back to your diet calories with new vigour
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Is it just one week you haven't lost? If so, just keep at it! Weight loss is not linear, and it's very normal to have weeks where you don't lose, and sometimes even gain. It doesn't mean you're not losing fat overall, but water fluctuations can affect the number on the scale. You're already a healthy weight with not much fat to lose, so unfortunately, it's going to be even slower than for someoen who has a lot to lose. Don't give up! Just accept that it's going to take a while.

How much are you eating? It's probably best at your weight to set MFP up to lose only 0.5 lb a week. I know that sounds like hardly anything, but it's really not realistic to try to lose 2 lb a week when you're already at a healthy weight.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve with the last 10 lbs? Are you doing a ny strength training? If you're mostly looking to firm up your body, then it may be that you don't need to lose any actual weight. There are a lot of women on these boards who have had success with weight training. They haven't got big & bulky, but have just got leaner and smaller in size, while the scale weight hasn't changed much at all. For example, check out LorinaLynn's pics on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/652185-is-weight-training-necessary
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    me too!!! I can't seem to budge the last ten. I know I have to really do more than I have been attempting. That is...more cardio, more interval, and less calories. We all know it's a numbers game. The problem is that when I do more exercise my body is ravished. I am so hungry...all the time! When I was heavier my body could stand the less caloric intake, but now having less weight my body is reacting differently to my exercise routine. I have to find a balance.
  • Jennyellenuk
    Jennyellenuk Posts: 8 Member
    YesI am the same way! To be honest I've had an off week were I've been eating out and things, so yes I've been consuming more calories than usual, plus a little less exercise due to the lack of time. I think It's just a case of carrying on with it and being healthy plus exercising more.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    The last ten are the hardest... not only because you've done so much work to get there already but once you're smaller, it gets harder to lose. Keep at it!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Yes, you can. How long have you been at the last 10? When I became close to my goal, I changed my setting to lose 1/2 pound per week. As someone before me said - patience truly is key here. :flowerforyou:
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Me either and it has been about a year. It's definitely food. I work out plenty! I have been playing with the idea that it must be the right combo of foods to be enough calories to make me feel full, yet few enough to still lose weight. Just have to find that key combo. And then I need to stick with it no matter what. The last 7 for me has been the unattainable goal but I am not giving up. Hang in there!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Sunraze, I'm in the same "boat" as you are! LOL <--did you see what I did just then?? LOL Anyway...been at the last 10 for about a year here...it just won't budge. I'm working out with more intensity in the last couple of weeks so I'll have to see if that helps.

To the original poster...be sure you're measuring your body as you lose...I went for MONTHS without losing a single pound but my body shape was changing (getting smaller) in different places so don't get discouraged by the scale. The scale is just ONE measurement you should be looking at. Look also at actual inches lost and your overall health and fitness level. This is not a diet, it's a way of life. Relax and enjoy the ride.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    The last ten are the hardest... not only because you've done so much work to get there already but once you're smaller, it gets harder to lose. Keep at it!

This! Seriously, I've lost almost 80 lbs, but the last 10 took MONTHS! Ridiculous, but hang in there!