Zumba and weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i go to a zumba class twice a week and i also have it for my wii i love the exercise and its fun but iv not lost any weight since i started, i just do it for the workout and its fun! i found i lose weight better from cycling and walking

I had similar results when I first started zumba and didn't lose much weight at all. But what I did not lose on the scale, I gained in body definition as I got thinner without it showing on the scale. Walking is great and so is spinning, I personally find dance fitness programs suits me better cause it engages more muscle groups than linear walking and running.
  • pandoraboxcat
    Options
    I have been going to zumba for 12 months, i go at least 3 times a week, aim for 4 times but with work commitments that can be a challenge. The male zumba instructor who teaches our class does it full on high intensity (and sometimes throws in a HIIT - insanity track). I have lost over 4 stone by doing his zumba classes alone.

I wear a heart rate monitor throughout the class, i burn between 650-750 calories, 80 ish grams of fat per class. I wear wrist weights which have made a massive improvement to the muscle definition in my arms.

I work hard in the class, always come out soaking with sweat, i can see my heart rate throughout the session and try to keep it in the fat burning zone.

There are some in the class who always opt for the less intensity movements- or dont give it there all, you get out what you put in!