Turbo Jam

So tomorrow I plan on starting Turbo Jam and maybe Jillian Michaels dvd but for the most part I will be doing Turbo Jam. Is anyone else doing TJ or have any results they wanna share?

Replies

• 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    You're gonna get hooked on TJ!!! I started it 2 months ago and I do it at least three times a week on my resistance training days. In the morning before getting ready for work is when I do it -- I don't even need coffee anymore because it gives me so much natural energy. I love it!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    I love Turbo Jam!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    I love Turbo Jam! It got me over my cardio aversion. So much fun. Now I've added Turbo Fire HIITs and am finally seeing the results I was hoping for.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    So tomorrow I plan on starting Turbo Jam and maybe Jillian Michaels dvd but for the most part I will be doing Turbo Jam. Is anyone else doing TJ or have any results they wanna share?

I lost my first 45 pounds using TJ! I have since moved on to ChaLean Extreme and plan to do Turbo Fire when I"m finished. If you look through my pics, the comparison pics are from Turbo jam. :)
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    I never heard of Turbo Jam until I starting reading the message boards. Is it like Zumba? I tried looking it up but on the official website it doesn't show much of a clip to say what it's like.
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    I never heard of Turbo Jam until I starting reading the message boards. Is it like Zumba? I tried looking it up but on the official website it doesn't show much of a clip to say what it's like.

I haven't really seen too much of zumba so I'm not sure how to compare the 2. Maybe someone who has done both would know better.
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374

I have no experience with Zumba so really can't compare. Turbo Jam is often described as kickboxing combined with dance. IMO, there's not much of a dance element. It's more like kickboxing to good music. The only similarity that I see with a dance workout is that Chalene creates kickboxing segments where you learn the moves and add on. She says she did this on purpose to keep the workouts from getting boring. Turbo Jam pretty much ruined regular kickboxing for me. It's just so much fun. You can pick up a used DVD of Turbo Jam "5 Rockin' Workouts" on Amazon fairly cheap and see if you like it. It includes the Learn and Burn workout that teaches the moves.
  • mandamae
    mandamae Posts: 13
    love turbo jam and turbo fire!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member

You can also watch videos on Youtube that show what it is better.
  • AlexandriaReiland
    AlexandriaReiland Posts: 7 Member
    How do yall calculate the calories burned from TJ?
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    How do yall calculate the calories burned from TJ?

Heart rate monitor