75lbs gone with pictures my 6 month results

Options
acman145acp
acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
Last year while at a shooting school a guy took this picture of me.
It should have been one of the coolest pictures ever if your into guns but all i see in it is how fat i am.

I decided to do something about it February of this year.......
I have a ways to go still as far as what i want my body to look like still want to change my body fat percentage.
Stack on some muscle but i'm around the weight i want to be.
I have no desire to be "skinny"

me-ny-reload.jpg

27422844.jpg

How i did it........ edit for the people that asked

Extemely low carb (under 50 a day for about 4 months) along with a big calorie deficit. This took lot's of willpower i used to eat around 8-14k calories a day....... i went to eating 1500 or less overnight.
Tried to eat 300 grams of protein a day usually didn't make that but it was my goal.

Joined a gym never done this in my life other than PT when i was in the army years ago.
Did 1hr of cardio 7 days a week for 4 months ..... started lifting weights around march i believe.
Cut the cardio out two months ago and just dedicated myself to lifting. Adding back in 3 times a week now.
Doing compound lifts squats, bench press, deadlift, overhead press........... few weeks ago started doing "accessory" lifts curls etc looking for some "trophy" muscles (i'm vain lol) everyone likes compliments from the opposite sex

Whats actually funny is i've been trying to stop the weight loss for the last few weeks and i'm still dropping weight although a lot slower than i was. I want to stay near this weight just a lot more muscled up.

Replies

• awoutlaw
    awoutlaw Posts: 86
    Options
    WOW! Awesome job!! And in only 6 months? Way to go!! :bigsmile:
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success, you look amazing. I didn't think the first pic looked so bad, but I know how you feel about what YOU see in a photo. You should be so very proud of your success. Keep up the great work. Again, you look amazing. How did you do it in only 6 months, that is just incredible.
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    wowie thats amazing please share how. im hoping to lose the same amount and in need of a pickmeup to know im on the right tfack. you look awsome well done you xx
  • acman145acp
    Options
    How i did it........

Extemely low carb (under 50 a day for about 4 months) along with a big calorie deficit. This took lot's of willpower i used to eat around 8-14k calories a day....... i went to eating 1500 or less overnight.
    Tried to eat 300 grams of protein a day usually didn't make that but it was my goal.

Joined a gym never done this in my life other than PT when i was in the army years ago.
    Did 1hr of cardio 7 days a week for 4 months ..... started lifting weights around march i believe.
    Cut the cardio out two months ago and just dedicated myself to lifting. Adding back in 3 times a week now.
    Doing compound lifts squats, bench press, deadlift, overhead press........... few weeks ago started doing "accessory" lifts curls etc looking for some "trophy" muscles (i'm vain lol) everyone likes compliments from the opposite sex

Whats actually funny is i've been trying to stop the weight loss for the last few weeks and i'm still dropping weight although a lot slower than i was. I want to stay near this weight just a lot more muscled up.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong I was checking out your guns? (Husband loves his guns, too) Awesome work!
  • acman145acp
    Options
    Is it wrong I was checking out your guns? (Husband loves his guns, too) Awesome work!

No women who like guns are cool :)
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    Great work my Tx friend... you look FANTASTIC!

:)
  • junemiller
    junemiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're funny!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wow you did great!! I am impressed :smile:
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Major props to you! You've done a great job of being dedicated and achieving results!

I am doing a similar plan and it works excellent (low carb, calorie deficit, cardio, no weights yet)
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    Nice job!
  • acman145acp
    Options
    Great work my Tx friend... you look FANTASTIC!

:)

Thank you :)

I don't know about fantastic but not bad for someone who treated their body like an amusement park for almost 30 years.......
    I think i started partying when i was 12 lol
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

I don't know about fantastic but not bad for someone who treated their body like an amusement park for almost 30 years.......
    I think i started partying when i was 12 lol
    Treated your body like an amusement park... I love that image! I mean, isn't that why most of us are here?

Anyway, I came to say CONGRATS on the truly spectacular results of all your hard work to date. CANNOT wait to see how the toning up goes!! Then we'll all have to decide which set of guns we like best!!

Keep up the great work!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! :drinker:

Have you started eating more (good foods) now that you're trying to put on muscle? I've read a lot that around 2000 calories or more is good as long as you're doing heavy lifting and intending to put on muscle weight. :)
  • BeckyRETT
    BeckyRETT Posts: 1
    Options
    congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Lots of dedication and it paid off!
  • acman145acp
    Options

Have you started eating more (good foods) now that you're trying to put on muscle? I've read a lot that around 2000 calories or more is good as long as you're doing heavy lifting and intending to put on muscle weight. :)

This is where i strugle.......
    I don't like "good" food lol. I'm not big on just cooking for myself otherwise i'd try to do the complete primal thing ...... i can't get motivated to just cook for me.

People don't believe it but it's the absolute truth i've ate more vegetables in the last 6 months than i have in my entire life.

I eat a lot of chicken and tuna fish , cottage cheese is my main good for you snack now....

I've been doing a little more cheating the last few weeks because i'm trying to stop loosing weight mocha latte's, a little ice cream etc........ but for the most part i try to eat as "good" as i can. It's tuff when you like everything that's bad for you.

Learning to eat good foods and finding stuff i can stand to eat is a real struggle..... coupled with trying to eat high protein low carb it just isn't easy.
  • kaskade
    kaskade Posts: 7
    Options
    that's INCREDIBLE :))) well done :) I find the last stages the hardest ! losing those final lbs to get the body you want ! any tips? :)
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options

This is where i strugle.......
    I don't like "good" food lol. I'm not big on just cooking for myself otherwise i'd try to do the complete primal thing ...... i can't get motivated to just cook for me.

People don't believe it but it's the absolute truth i've ate more vegetables in the last 6 months than i have in my entire life.

I eat a lot of chicken and tuna fish , cottage cheese is my main good for you snack now....

I've been doing a little more cheating the last few weeks because i'm trying to stop loosing weight mocha latte's, a little ice cream etc........ but for the most part i try to eat as "good" as i can. It's tuff when you like everything that's bad for you.

Learning to eat good foods and finding stuff i can stand to eat is a real struggle..... coupled with trying to eat high protein low carb it just isn't easy.

I hear ya about not liking to cook for yourself. I do most of my cooking on the weekends and then just eat leftovers during the week. If you're not a big fan of veggies, what about stuff like stir-fries, kabobs, and stews? Those are some of my favorite ways to get in veggies when I'm not in the mood. Also, smoothies are GREAT. You can throw some spinach/kale in a smoothie with your favorite fruits/yogurt/milk/whatever and not really know it's there. And you can experiment with other veggies too, sweeter ones like carrots and beets.

Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!