Fast

Options
So im thinking about doing a 3 day liquid fast!!!

I have been reading about and have done my research and its really good for your body and takes out all the toxins and almost gives your body a fresh start!!! and it will help supress your appetite when you start eating again!!! I guess Its a really healthy thing to do for your body!!!!

Any one want to join me?

Replies

• nicole0177
    Options
    So im thinking about doing a 3 day liquid fast!!!

I have been reading about and have done my research and its really good for your body and takes out all the toxins and almost gives your body a fresh start!!! and it will help supress your appetite when you start eating again!!! I guess Its a really healthy thing to do for your body!!!!

Any one want to join me?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't do liquid diets. This is one thing I have learned from having a health nut for a wife. It can be extremely harmful to your internal organs. My wife had to have her gallbladder removed from doing a liquid diet. Want to get rid of toxins, drink lots of water, but the human body was designed to digest solids.

just found this.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/liquid-diets
  • babyhippo
    Options
    I completely agree! Drink water :drinker: and eat good healthy foods.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I agree....someone took my gallbladder too!!! And I am the nutty one here as well LOL...

Fasting should be done under "supervision" IMO....it is not a quick fix...however, some do it for religous reasons...so whatever...be careful if you choose to do so...
    dd
  • nicole0177
    Options
    Its bad for you if your anorexic and starve yourself its only for 3 days and ive done it before and its good for you if you do it the right way!!!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Also, VERY bad. There is no quick fix. Eating right and exercising is really the only way.

You have to remember, NOTHING you do for 3 or 5 days is going to "fix" your weight.
    Only living a more healthy lifestyle overall will take you to where you want to go.
  • nicole0177
    Options
    But im not doing it for weigt loss im doing to because it detoxifies your body and i have read about it and a lot of athletes do it to detoxify your body it now about weight loss for me how much weight could you lose in 3 days. NOT much thats why its not about weight loss for me i still plan on dieting and exercising it just a way to start fresh!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    If you want to detox and "cleanse" your body try milk thistle.....detoxing is NOT good for the body period....you are depriving yourself of nutrients etc...

Also not everythig an athlete does is a good thing...ie: steroids etc....

Please do more research on this topic..

dd
  • banks1850
    Options
    zen is right. nicole, you are playing a dangerous game depriving yourself of food. The human digestive track is based around digesting solid foods. The lack of solid foods for any extended period of time can cause the body to think you are starving, it will shut down organs systematically to avoid them "eating" themselves from the inside out. Some of these organs don't play nice when they are shut down and may not come back up fully or at all (little organs like your liver, and kidneys). Whom ever gave you this information was badly misinformed. If you really want to do something so drastic (and I think this is a cop out by the way, a way to avoid the difficult but right way to do it), go get a colonic, or see a doctor and ask them, I doubt you will like the answer they give you.

This site is predicated on leading a healthy lifestyle, and what you suggest is basically opposite of what we are trying for here. I don't mean to sound mean, but this is serious, it behooves nobody to be ginger about it. Everyone has toxins in their body, the way to get rid of them is to change what you put in it, NOT to remove putting anything in it at all. The body will get rid of them all eventually.

I hope you do the right thing.

Best of luck
    -Steve
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I've never done a liquid fast before, so I don't know much about it. Haven't really ever researched it, to be honest.

However, if your goal is to cleanse and de-toxify, I would suggest some kind of Herbal Cleanse. I have one that I particularly like by a vitamin company called Advocare. It's 10 days long and you drink fiber drinks as well as take special vitamins to cleanse your insides. Pretty easy and it usually takes a few pounds off of me because it's getting all the nasty stuff out.

But, I agree with everyone else about the water - drink lots of it. And stay away from ANY fried foods, most sugar, and even white flour and get lots and lots of fiber. It'll clean ya right out!! LOL
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    fasting is not good for you in liquid form. If you want to "detox" you should eat plenty of fruits and veggies and beans for a few days. Your body is designed to detox itself, that is what your liver and kidneys do. What you are feeling when you fast is getting past cravings for sugar and simple carbs. We have had this debate many times on this site and it can get ugly, but there are a lot of health professionals on this site too and one asked 25 doctors at the hospital she works at and all of them told her liquid fasting was dangerous and unecessary due to the bodies natural ability to do this for you. You will mess up your body, but it's your body so if you don't want to listen and rethink your plan then go ahead and do what you want to do. You should look up "detox" diets for a truly decent one.

My doctor put me on a "detox" diet to help curb cravings and for 10 days all I ate was veggies, fruits, egg whites, yogurt, brown rice and beans and after about 3 days I could tell the difference and after 10 I felt great.
  • banks1850
    Options
    fasting is not good for you in liquid form. If you want to "detox" you should eat plenty of fruits and veggies and beans for a few days. Your body is designed to detox itself, that is what your liver and kidneys do. What you are feeling when you fast is getting past cravings for sugar and simple carbs. We have had this debate many times on this site and it can get ugly, but there are a lot of health professionals on this site too and one asked 25 doctors at the hospital she works at and all of them told her liquid fasting was dangerous and unecessary due to the bodies natural ability to do this for you. You will mess up your body, but it's your body so if you don't want to listen and rethink your plan then go ahead and do what you want to do. You should look up "detox" diets for a truly decent one.

My doctor put me on a "detox" diet to help curb cravings and for 10 days all I ate was veggies, fruits, egg whites, yogurt, brown rice and beans and after about 3 days I could tell the difference and after 10 I felt great.

Now see, that diet I could see.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am doing a detox, and I am in the middle of my third week. This detox is lots of whole grains, chicken, fruit, veggies, shrimp, fish, greens, and so much more. This detox is great because you are eating healthing, lots of fiber, and no fruit juices. You are taking in chemicals and all the preservatives you find in lots of foods. It teaches you how to eat food that is great for you.
    I have notice a difference in all of me...sleeping, skin, energy, understanding what is good and not good for your body.
    It is a safe detox and a great lifestyle change. Food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and 2 snackes.