Lose for Labor Day

Options
Hello,

I have struggled with my weight most of my life! And I have been a yo-yo dieter, believe me I have tried everything. I'm getting married in June 2013 and I finally decided that I need to change my lifestyle and get healthy and fit! The bonus will be looking great on my wedding day! I just started here fifteen days ago and I am thrilled with my progress thus far! However I need a short term goal to motivate me when I am having a "blah" day - to kick my butt in gear and step it up! I started at 220 lbs, I am currently at 213.5. I am challenging myself to lose 15 more pounds by Labor Day to finally be under 200! I know everyone has different goals, but I also challenge anyone else to set a Labor Day Goal and work towards it with me! We can all do this! All it takes is just a little motivation and support! Please feel free to post your Labor Day Goal here and we can all cheer one another along! I just ask that you post what your goal is, and on Labor Day Monday post how many you actually lost. Feel free to include your weight and or measurements. Good Luck!

Here is to getting heathly and fit! Cheers!
Please feel free to add me as a friend, and I will continue to support you along your journey

Replies

• kirstiesharpe2209
    Options
    When is Labour day? (Im from the UK haha but would really appreciate the mini goal approach with others :))
  • thewestwifey
    thewestwifey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When is Labour day? (Im from the UK haha but would really appreciate the mini goal approach with others :))

Whoops! I should have included the date. Labor Day is Monday, September 3, 2012!
  • bnspetnagel
    Options
    Congrats on getting married and on the success you have had so far! I am in a very similar boat...I have lost 15 lbs but I hang out at 215. I really need a great push to get me to 199 or at least 205 or so. So my goal for the Labor Day Challenge is to lose 10lbs (if i lose 15, it would be amazing) Good luck!!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to lose 15-16 pounds by Labor Day. This morning I weighed in at 171.4 so hopefully by Labor Day I'm down to 155-156. That would be AMAZING :) My ultimate goal is 125-130.

Good luck to everyone, we can do this!
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    I'm thrilled everyone wants to set a mini challenge. Hopefully we can all make our goals with this little motivation challenge and the support from everyone else! I'm pumped!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My Labor Day goal is to be under 170.
  • tortugafish20
    Options
    My labor day goal is to be 135 or under :D

add me as a friend if you would like to :)
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 10 lbs by then, I'm in!
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats ....n Thats great hun...im trying my best 2 lose 20-30 pounds by then im currently at 236.....we can do it all 2 gether....im getting married next year also so i have 2 get to a good size....so far i have lost 10 pounds.....
  • pamina1
    pamina1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. Walk an extra 30 minutes, doesn't have to be fast but it will give you 100 calories off your total.
    Skip just 100 calories of food. Put what you want to eat in before you eat it and then decide, maybe have a tea instead or half of what you wanted. These are simple goals and if you reduce by 100 calories a day from your target...well do the math, it is a mini goal. walking, extra vacuum, walk your stairs a couple of extra times, park your car at the mall in the farthest spot, really easy things to add. I think anyways and it's helped me.
    Going for a walk with your bf, dog, husband or friend will help too.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good idea! Labor Day is a few days before my birthday...So my goal is lose 15 pounds, and have a lot of lean and tone muscle! So I can look and feel absolutely fabulous.
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    Take one day at a time. Walk an extra 30 minutes, doesn't have to be fast but it will give you 100 calories off your total.
    Skip just 100 calories of food. Put what you want to eat in before you eat it and then decide, maybe have a tea instead or half of what you wanted. These are simple goals and if you reduce by 100 calories a day from your target...well do the math, it is a mini goal. walking, extra vacuum, walk your stairs a couple of extra times, park your car at the mall in the farthest spot, really easy things to add. I think anyways and it's helped me.
    Going for a walk with your bf, dog, husband or friend will help too.

Thanks for the positive feedback and tips! :)
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    I cannot tell you all how excited I am that this many people want to participate! Yay! Strength in numbers, we can do this!!! :-)
  • MakeItWork_75
    Options
    I am with you, girl!! I have set a higher goal for myself though because I have a little more to lose, my goal is 25 lbs by Labor Day.

I am motivated and ready!
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    I am with you, girl!! I have set a higher goal for myself though because I have a little more to lose, my goal is 25 lbs by Labor Day.

I am motivated and ready!

Great! I'm so ready to rock this!!! :)
  • sarahg2290
    sarahg2290 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Woo! I'm in! I'd like to lose 15 by Labor Day as well! Started C25K and 30DS today!
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    Woo! I'm in! I'd like to lose 15 by Labor Day as well! Started C25K and 30DS today!

I'm starting C25K next week! I'm getting new running shoes this week so I figured I'd wait til then and let this be my off week for running! Let me know what you think! :) good luck!
  • thewestwifey
    Options
    It's been week since I originally started this thread! I hope you all are making progress towards your goal. This week I have been trying to tweak my caloric intake that best works with my body for weight loss and I think I wa successful! I will post my results for this week below. Seven more weeks to achieve my goal of getting under 200! Whoot whoot!

[WEEK ONE]
    Weight: 212
    Bust: 37"
    Waist: 38"
    Hips: 48"

Now I did have a bit of a binge over the weekend... It was my sisters 21st birthday celebration! So I'm probably going to have to work extra hard this week to achieve my goal. However this is a new life style and sometimes it won't work out like we want, but I'm dedicated to get back on track tomorrow morning!

I hope everyone is doing great! Looking forward to seeing your progress! :)
  • kirstiesharpe2209
    Options
    I'm now down 6 pounds, and 1.5 inches off of being able to fit in my wedding dress.
    COME ONNNNN :)
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you in this!

I would love to be under the 255lbs by labor day. so thats around 15lbs or so in 6 weeks.

Will we keep tabs here or have a group? You can also add me if you'd like!