Why is stomach so bloated even though ive lost weight?:(

Options
Ive lost 6 lbs recently...but my stomach still feels and looks bloated to me....what the heck?Any ideas? Is it water weight?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Possibly a reaction to something you eat, common stuff that can cause bloating are grains, gluten and dairy.

If your that concerned about it, cut out one of these things at a time for a few days and see what happens.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    hmmm...i eat gluten free...so i really dont eat carbs that much...i do eat corn tortillas....lol...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    When I first started my weight loss journey, my belly would bloat from all of the extra veggies, fiber, etc. If that's what is happening to you, your body will adjust and it won't be as bad. Even now, down 40lbs, my tummy will measure up to 2 1/2 inches bigger sometimes! Don't sweat it, just keep working towards your goals because your'e still making progress. :)
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wheat ~ gluten ~ dairy = possible food allergies & bloating

Alcohol = belly fat

Not fair! :grumble: :noway:
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Possibly a reaction to something you eat, common stuff that can cause bloating are grains, gluten and dairy.

If your that concerned about it, cut out one of these things at a time for a few days and see what happens.
    ^ This.

Also, alcohol intake causing bloating or if you're not drinking enough water can too.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    How's your sodium intake?
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    It is also probably from the extra fiber you are consuming if you are eating more fruits and veggies....it will go away, just let your body adjust to your new way of life, drink plenty of water, and take a walk...you will look better soon!
  • rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Options
    I was like that until I stopped eating gluten. When I get like that it's because there usually a trace of gluten in what I've eaten. Corn Tortillas are great but you have to watch because some of them have gluten in them. My question is, is all of the ingredients you use to cook gluten free. If not that could be the problem. Hope this helps. Your doing great.
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Heh. I can vary over six pounds in a day. But your belly will show the change in time. Remember to strengthen your core and hit those abs.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    thanx guys:)

I dont drink at all

im very very strict with my gluten...lol...none for me....

maybe ill look into my sodium intake?

i dont eat dairy except for cheese(a little bit daily)
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    It is also probably from the extra fiber you are consuming if you are eating more fruits and veggies....it will go away, just let your body adjust to your new way of life, drink plenty of water, and take a walk...you will look better soon!

How long does this adjustment period take? I know that no one can give me an accurate answer, but I've been doing this for months (and on and off for years) and when I look down at my stomach/lower abdomen, it's clear that my body has NOT made the adjustment.

I don't deliberately eat gluten-free, but I do eat very little processed food.

ANY ideas or tips might be helpful : )
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

How long does this adjustment period take? I know that no one can give me an accurate answer, but I've been doing this for months (and on and off for years) and when I look down at my stomach/lower abdomen, it's clear that my body has NOT made the adjustment.

I don't deliberately eat gluten-free, but I do eat very little processed food.

ANY ideas or tips might be helpful : )

this.