Still feel huge..

Options
Weight was 129 this morning and I am 5 foot 4 inches tall.. I still feel like I am huge.. It's mainly my abdomen that I am having problems with.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Whats your body fat %?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights or get in other regular workouts? If you had a baby, you may also have loose skin you might not be able to get rid of except through time or possibly even surgery. No matter how much weight you lose, that isn't going away. I know, I was just over 100 pounds and starved to the point of falling over before I finally gave up.

Edit: I shouldn't be quite so doom and gloom, some people are genetically blessed and do lose the belly and their skin does tighten back up nicely, I just wasn't one of them.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Weight was 129 this morning and I am 5 foot 4 inches tall.. I still feel like I am huge.. It's mainly my abdomen that I am having problems with.

I can totally relate to how your feeling. I've lost ~75lbs and still feel as large as did when I started and because I mainly walk/run for exercise my stoamch and arms are not as slim as my legs but I know as I continue it will even out. Just keep at it, maybe try exercises that centre around helping the stomach.
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had two kids.. So yea it maybe extra skin. I do cardio 6 days a week but no strength training at this point. I have just started and making small steps in the right direction..
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I think there is an element here of taking stock of what you have achieved so far. I am the same sort of weight / height as you (although I have come from heavier) and I have never felt better about myself. You're doing a great job, so be proud!