TUNTURI C85 V`s LIVESTRONG ELLIPTICAL

Options
jonski1968
jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
Hi All, need you help to make an informed decision on the Tunturi C85 Vs the Livestrong 12.9E cross trainers. As £1000 is a big chunk of money to blow to keep fit, i`d like any reviews, good or bad on these.

I`m drawn to the tunturi because of the build quality/20 year frame gaurantee and the fact is £400 less than it should be, but the livestrong has a 20 increment incline and various other stuff.

Do i actually need an incline on a cross trainer?

Any views much appreciated before i make a decision.

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Never buy NEW. Always, Always, Always buy used exercise equipment. 75% of people buy something, use it for a few weeks or months and then it sits and collects dust for years. Eventually they are happy to sell it for a song.
    Just don't buy cheap crap (from what you are looking at I can see you know the value of quality) . Make sure it is a model and manufacturer that you can get parts from.

My iX7 incline trainer list for $2999, typically retails for just under $2000 and I bought it, one year old, for $500 in excellent condition. I'm happy to have saved the money.

I love ellipticals but they are much less common than treadmills so it is not as easy to find a deal on a good one, but they are out there.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    There`s no worry about it collecting dust...I`ve hammered my treadmill into the ground, along with my other totally tired out elliptical..

Thats why i`m swaying towards the Tunturi, 15 year frame and 5 years on other parts and labour..
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean your purchase would be collecting dust. I meant that there are so many machines purchased by others that go unused. The resale market is a buyers market, lots more sellers than buyers.

Look around. Some Octagenerian out there bought a top of the line machine, used it very lightly for a few months and is now about to move into into an assisted living home and needs to unload it. Happy Hunting
  • jonski1968
    Options
    Yeah i know what you mean,,,Only problem is when i`ve looked on ebay etc, all the decent ones at a good price are around 200 mile from where i live, so with fuel costs and van hire, it makes the saving kinda defunct.
  • jonski1968
    Options
    Well the Tunturi C85 won in the end..And what a machine...I went on a ski trail in Finland last night via the 7.5" screen...

Downloadable google maps of popular runs and walks...In fact anything thats on google maps you can plug into the console..I`m impressed...Although its a lot bigger than first thought...Had to have a massive switch round to fit it in..