Stupid scales!!!

Options
So im having trouble with scales... The one at home says im 185 (cheap scale from walmart) The one at my friends house says im 185. Scale at other friends house says 190. Scale at work (industrial box scale) (not really that big of a scale but it is for shipping) shows im 196. Im confused :( dont want to go to the doctors just to find out what i weigh. :sad: FYI those calculations were all in the same day.

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Go with the scale from home, unless you plan to weigh in 5 different places each time you weigh. The idea is not so much WHAT you weigh, but how much yur losing....2 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs.....I wouldn't trust your shipping scale, go with your home scale.......................I like that # better too.

Tee hee

Oh and you can flucuate ALOT during the day, so make sure to weigh at 1 time....generally morning.

My 2 cents..........hope that helps ya.

~Sass:flowerforyou:
  • KFBear21
    Options
    Im having the same trouble....I have decided to use just one scale and go by the same one every week....It will still show you how much you have lost if you stick with the same scale from week to week.....I would love to buy a new scale for home...The one I have I have to add 4 pounds to it everyt ime I weigh...lol....Goodluck!
  • ziggystar82
    Options
    Yeah ill just stick with the scale at home.
  • ziggystar82
    Options
    Go with the scale from home, unless you plan to weigh in 5 different places each time you weigh. The idea is not so much WHAT you weigh, but how much yur losing....2 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs.....I wouldn't trust your shipping scale, go with your home scale.......................I like that # better too.

Tee hee

Oh and you can flucuate ALOT during the day, so make sure to weigh at 1 time....generally morning.

My 2 cents..........hope that helps ya.

~Sass:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the advise!
  • Daniel78
    Options
    After trial and error I've learned to stick with only one scale. I weigh in when I first wake up and am only in my boxers so clothing and shoes aren't a factor for weight fluctuation. Throughout the day it'll change and I'll ballon up with water (I hate you evil sodium!) and add 3-5 lbs during the day.

Every single morning I get my accurate reading. Whether my scale is off by half a pound or two pounds doesn't concern me, tracking pounds lost is all I care about! Some scales on the cheaper end of the spectrum will fluctuate greatly depending on which direction you're leaning while using them. I'll always step up and stand at attention and slowly put my head down with my arms at my sides and my back perfectly straight as to not change the reading. Leaning forward tends to "tip the scale" and add 1-2 pounds.
  • missbabybee
    Options
    :smile:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important that the scale you use gives you the same reading all the time. I had one and could step on it 5 times in 5 minutes and get a different reading every time with up to a 2 lb difference. I bought a new one, and although it added 3 lbs to me, it gives me a steady reading all the time. So use your one at home if it seems accurate and I wouldn't be tempted to step on someone else's scale.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    Another possible explanation for the different readings is calibration. Depending on the scale,
    like the one I have, might need a calibration done to it if it hasn't been done for awhile.

Doug
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I only use my scale at home, when it comes down to actually "checking in" and logging my weight. However, if I see a scale at someone elses house, I just can't resist. I never weigh myself at work since the boots I wear there are like 2lbs.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I weigh myself at my scale at home. I don't always like what it says and the numbers don't move down fast enough:wink: But it is fairly consistant. I weighed my self at the grocery store last night and weighed 7 pounds less then when I got home. So I either gained 7 pounds driving home or someones scale is off. Someone else mentioned to only use one scale to weigh yourself and stick with that one. Goodluck and as long as the numbers keep going down you are doing good.
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit scale. I kind of trust it more than my bathroom scale which tends to give me various readings.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    and I am assuming on the work scale you were wearing cloths!:ohwell: that weighs a bit more up to 2-3 lbs sometimes...and yes if you are weighing later in the day [i always way in morning before breakkie] then you will flux with water etc..

don't worry, go by the scale you use to regularly weigh in :bigsmile:
  • ziggystar82
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions!
  • pillboy
    Options
    my scales are rubbish to they always say i am heavier than i really am