Pro question. (Pro answers plz)

Options
Any Pros use or have clients that use the Fitbit for gains?
How accurate have you found them to be?

I always assumed I was a moderate activity kinda guy but after working for a few days this thing is logging me at 3k burns daily.
That would put me at 2500cals for cutting.
3200-3500 for bulking.

Seems extreme since i'm only 5'5" 134lbs.

Anywho!
Feedback appreciated.

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pro, and I'm actually on your friends list, BUT...

my son's football coach has him trying out a fitbit for the last few weeks. They are doing speed and weight camps three days a week, and the two-a-days start in two weeks.

They've been watching the numbers and have him on a 7,500 calorie diet. I can find out what his burn is. I'm sure it's probably 3-5k a day (on training days). He is 6'2" and 191 pounds.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Not a pro, recent fitbit buyer. I only use it for activity outside of workouts as found it actually way underestimated my burns during things like elliptical and jogging, when compared to my hrm. Doing things that way, it is giving me an average of 2400-2600 cals a day burnt and I am 5'10 and 126.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Not a pro, recent fitbit buyer. I only use it for activity outside of workouts as found it actually way underestimated my burns during things like elliptical and jogging, when compared to my hrm. Doing things that way, it is giving me an average of 2400-2600 cals a day burnt and I am 5'10 and 126.

This makes sense to your height/weight.

Most calculators i've used put me at a 2100 burn daily but i'm hitting closer to 3k.

I think i'll run some tests with my current routine but instead of a static number like 1700 rest days and 2500 lift days, ill go by a % above or below what the fitbit is giving me.