Looking Good For Christmas - WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    jjtonic- OMG girl those pic of you are AWSOME! GREAT job:flowerforyou: Did you do Power90 first or just start with P90x? What do you need to do these dvd's, just weights? If you don't mind me asking what size weights do you use and how many days a week do you workout? Thanks :) I am ready to place my order:wink:

I just started out with P90X. It might have been better if I started with Power 90, but I did get through it. I feel great. You will need a pullup bar (or you can use their resistance bands with a door jam attachment), free weights, mat and a heart rate monitor. My free weights are 3, 5 and 10 pounds. During Phase 3 I really needed to up my weight on quite a few different workouts, but stuck it out with these. For the next round I will get 7.5, 12.5 and 15 pound weights also. You will workout 6 days a week and on your 7th day you can use it as your rest day or you can do the X Stretch. I highly recommend doing the Stretch, because it is amazing. I love the program and am really excited about starting another round. Let me know what you decide then we can talk more about it and I would like to see how you like it.
    Are you currently on a workout routine? Do you consider yourself to be in decent shape? Then P90X might be the place to start. If not then I would definetly suggest starting with Power 90. I have not done that one, but I hear it is a great pre-requisite to P90X. Let me know.
    Have a fantastic week. :bigsmile:

Yes..I currently workout. Decent shape yes..I think I am much better with cardio than weights. The highest weights I've use are 8lb.:blushing: I workout 5 to 6 days a week now for 30 mins. How long are the workouts with P90x? I have been looking at heartrate monitors..Just dont know what one to buy. What one do you have? Thanks for helping me out:flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 169
    Week 1 July 22 167.5
    Week 2 July 29 164.5

Week 3 August 5 164
    Week 4 August 12 163.5
    Week 5 August 19 163.5
    Week 6 August 26 160.2

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day 160.2
    Week 8 September 9 158.0
    Week 9 September 16 158.5:grumble:

Don't be too hard on yourself. You will get there before you know it. :bigsmile:
    Thanks!:flowerforyou: I seem to be holding my weight for 2 weeks then dropping....it's frustrating but it works. My son had surgery last week so I wasn't great on cals but I upped my workouts by jogging 3 days ina row and I thought that would help:grumble: It didn't but hopefully next week will be great:smile:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am off work with another bad headache today accompanied by the usual dizziness and vertigo. Sure makes typing fun <insert sarcastic smirk here> though when the letters don’t seem to stay stationary.
    Yesterday I saw the doctor at the sleep clinic for my follow up appointment after being told I have sleep apnea and starting on a CPAP machine last month. He indicated I have an iron deficiency (it should be at 50 and mine is 27) and thinks I also have a vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency. He is really concerned about my blood pressure which yesterday was 98/65 but I typically have low blood pressure and he thinks iron supplements will help bring it up and help with a lot of my other health issues too.

So this is making me wonder if I have other vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are causing the other health issues I have. I am going to ask my doctor to have me tested and see what happens.
    Well, I am happy I am finally getting answers and look forward to working on correcting them and improving my health even more than I am now. :smile:

Hope you are all having a good day! :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Tammy
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello All,

I am off work with another bad headache today accompanied by the usual dizziness and vertigo. Sure makes typing fun <insert sarcastic smirk here> though when the letters don’t seem to stay stationary.
    Yesterday I saw the doctor at the sleep clinic for my follow up appointment after being told I have sleep apnea and starting on a CPAP machine last month. He indicated I have an iron deficiency (it should be at 50 and mine is 27) and thinks I also have a vitamin D and Vitamin B12 deficiency. He is really concerned about my blood pressure which yesterday was 98/65 but I typically have low blood pressure and he thinks iron supplements will help bring it up and help with a lot of my other health issues too.

So this is making me wonder if I have other vitamin and mineral deficiencies that are causing the other health issues I have. I am going to ask my doctor to have me tested and see what happens.
    Well, I am happy I am finally getting answers and look forward to working on correcting them and improving my health even more than I am now. :smile:

Take care,
    Tammy

You know what Tammy ... you're right. It's great that some answers are starting to come about. Years of trying to find the source of a problem can be so dang frustrating. You are doing so awesome and every time I see you I get shocked at how awesome you're looking. I hope you feel better soon. Love you. xoxo
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone.
    Keep your finger crossed and say some prayers, I have an interview on Tuesday!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone.

Congrats!!!
  • magglett
    Options
    Okay everyone.

WOW ... how friggin fast is that!?!? Good Luck my friend Good Luck!!

nskangelofluck.jpg
  • memaw66
    Options
    Wow, keep those prayers coming, now I have an interview on Monday also and this is the one I have been waiting for!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Edit:
    Rescheduled, it's tomorrow. She said they have had tons of applicants and I am 1 of only 4 they have picked!!! Yay!!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow, keep those prayers coming, now I have an interview on Monday also and this is the one I have been waiting for!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Edit:
    Rescheduled, it's tomorrow. She said they have had tons of applicants and I am 1 of only 4 they have picked!!! Yay!!!

FIngers and toes are crossed! That was really quick!
  • magglett
    Options

Thanks everyone!!!

Edit:

I'm getting chills I'm so excited for you ... YAY YAY YAY!!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Thanks!!

Just keep the prayers coming.

God is Good!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!!!

Edit:

:smile: That is GREAT!!! Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    So I have not any time to work out with my new full time school schedule and working full time. I was just sitting on the couch reading and started to fall asleep. So my new idea...ride the stationary bike while I read. So here I go I have a lot to read so a least I can burn some calories while I do it. :bigsmile: I will check in when I am done.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    So I have been riding the stationary bike for almost an hour, have gone almost 13 miles and burned over over 130 calories. I still have about 20 pages to read so I am still going. Just thought I would take a quick break...my tush was starting to hurt. I am keeping a gentle pace but I figured it was better getting my heart rate up a little than sitting on the couch. :bigsmile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    HI everybody,

Mew-Good luck with your job interview.

Derocco- I just went to the doctor and also have iron defficiency, vitamin d, and high colesterol. I thought vitamin d was due to not taking in enough sun.

Jacqueline- I'm also studying full time, and juggling a toddler. I'm not working right now, but am getting ready to look for a job. I'm practically working on right now on losign the baby weight.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been out of town on a business trip this week...
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 189
    Week 1 July 22 188 (-1, -1.5in.)
    Week 2 July 29 188 ( no loss , but no gain)

Week 3 Aug 5, 187 (-1, no change in inches this week)
    Week 4 Aug 12, 187 (no change)
    Week 5 Aug 19, 186
    Week 6 Aug 26, 186

Week 7 Sep 2, 186
    Week 8 Sep 9, 186
    Week 9 Sep 18, 190 (darn business trip)

But I'm ready to get back in the swing of things.
  • Philde04
    Options
    Hi all... hope everyone is doing welll this week... I still havne't had a chance to weigh yet, So I think I'm just going to let next Wednesday be my first weigh in.... I don't like the scale right now... lol... Have a good weekend!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I just started out with P90X. It might have been better if I started with Power 90, but I did get through it. I feel great. You will need a pullup bar (or you can use their resistance bands with a door jam attachment), free weights, mat and a heart rate monitor. My free weights are 3, 5 and 10 pounds. During Phase 3 I really needed to up my weight on quite a few different workouts, but stuck it out with these. For the next round I will get 7.5, 12.5 and 15 pound weights also. You will workout 6 days a week and on your 7th day you can use it as your rest day or you can do the X Stretch. I highly recommend doing the Stretch, because it is amazing. I love the program and am really excited about starting another round. Let me know what you decide then we can talk more about it and I would like to see how you like it.
    Are you currently on a workout routine? Do you consider yourself to be in decent shape? Then P90X might be the place to start. If not then I would definetly suggest starting with Power 90. I have not done that one, but I hear it is a great pre-requisite to P90X. Let me know.
    Have a fantastic week. :bigsmile:

Yes..I currently workout. Decent shape yes..I think I am much better with cardio than weights. The highest weights I've use are 8lb.:blushing: I workout 5 to 6 days a week now for 30 mins. How long are the workouts with P90x? I have been looking at heartrate monitors..Just dont know what one to buy. What one do you have? Thanks for helping me out:flowerforyou:
    With the program you do not have to start with a heavy weight, for toning (which more than likely is what you want) you will use a lower weight and do more reps. I normally did about 20 reps. Don't freak out, that really is not a lot with a lower weight. You will eventually want to raise your weight, since this program is 12 weeks. You will start to feel stronger as the weeks go on. There is cardio involved with this program, but there is at least 3 days of weight training a week. You will workout 6 days a week with a rest day or X Stretch (which I highly recommend). Tony is great about showing you modificatons on each workout DVD, so you can start out really easy and when you get use to the videos you will get more gutsy and push harder. That is what it is all about, BRINGING IT!!! He is awesome to workout with and so are the "kids". You will know what I mean if you get it. LOL The shortest workout is 45 mins and that is Cardio X. Everything else is at least 60 mins. Yoga is 90 mins, but it is totally worth it and part of the program.
    I do have a HRM, but it is a piece of crap. So, I am still looking for a good one as well. I do not recommend getting one from Wal-Mart. Maybe need to google or look on Amazon. I don't have the money right now or I would be looking for one.
    I really think you will enjoy the program. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. I will help you out any way that I can. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 169
    Week 1 July 22 167.5
    Week 2 July 29 164.5

Week 3 August 5 164
    Week 4 August 12 163.5
    Week 5 August 19 163.5
    Week 6 August 26 160.2

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day 160.2
    Week 8 September 9 158.0
    Week 9 September 16 158.5:grumble:

Don't be too hard on yourself. You will get there before you know it. :bigsmile:
    Thanks!:flowerforyou: I seem to be holding my weight for 2 weeks then dropping....it's frustrating but it works. My son had surgery last week so I wasn't great on cals but I upped my workouts by jogging 3 days ina row and I thought that would help:grumble: It didn't but hopefully next week will be great:smile:
    It is weird how our bodies react to things. You will get there. You are pushing yourself and doing great with your exercise. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello All,

Take care,
    Tammy

Well, I sure hope your doc can answer all your questions and help you out. I will keep you in my prayers. :bigsmile: