Im so excited( Toning and buliding muscles)

Options
:happy: :bigsmile: Its 8:20am in the morning In Atlanta..Good morning MFP...I feel like a kid waiting on christmas ..UPS suppose to be delivering my weight set anytime now..Im so excited and ready ...Im so ready to start toning up as I loose these last 35lbs Here Is Why:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

Why Lifting Weights Is An Ideal Choice For Women All The Benefits Without The Bulk By Janet Smith, PEERtrainer Health and Fitness Writer

If you don't lift weights because you’re afraid of getting the “bulky” look, think again. Before you decide to ignore the weights make sure you know just what you’re missing.

Testosterone plays a primary role in a man’s ability to build muscle. If you don’t have the testosterone supply of a male, you can lift weights without worry. Read on for all the benefits:

Build endurance, energy and strength. If you have trouble with daily activities, or seem to “burn out” before the day is up, weight lifting could be just what you need. Our muscles thrive on activity. Without use, muscles become smaller. Without good muscle tone daily activities can become a real challenge. Lifting the baby, carrying in the groceries, yard work, and housework can all be tiring and even strain your body, if your muscles don’t have good tone and shape.

Increase metabolism and get leaner. Building muscles with weight lifting helps to increase your metabolism. The ability to metabolize and burn fat increases with stronger muscles. If is a fact that muscles burn fat. The more muscle mass you have, the more fat they can burn. Thus weight lifting can help with weight loss

Increase bone density and prevent osteoporosis. Bones respond to weight lifting just as muscles. With consistent activity they become stronger, and denser. Strong, dense bones are a must to prevent osteoporosis.

Improve balance. Weight lifting and resistance exercises help to tone core and leg muscles. Improving your strength in these areas of your body also improves your balance.

Reduce Pain. People with chronic back pain and arthritis are able to reduce incidences of pain with regular weight lifting. Even though you may have to start out slow and with very little weight resistance, you will see improvement and get stronger as time passes.

Improve Mood. Activity is proven to improve your mindset. Weight lifting can help with depression and stress.

If you’re like most women, your lifestyle is hectic and full of demands and lifting weights can help your body be ready to attack the task at hand without stress or strain. So, whether your goals are to lose body fat, get more tone, or maintain fitness, weight lifting should definitely be part of your fitness plans.

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Shanta! You are going to love strength training! It feels so good when you start to build shapely arms. Mine aren't like great or anything but they look better that before.
    Plus like the article says there are health benefits for it.

You are doing amazing at your weight loss! Congrats:drinker:
    Happy Lifting:drinker:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great article. Thanks for posting it. Have fun strength training.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    :bGood Morning you Guys Thanks:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: oh my where are they where are they :sad: :laugh: It saids my shipment is in transit for delivery..I keep peeping out the window you out to see me and Im online trying to ompare hrm prices before I go to city sports on Friday...I feel like a lil kid:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Mornin Girlie! I :heart: lifting weights, you will too! What kind of weight set did you get?
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Mornin Girlie! I :heart: lifting weights, you will too! What kind of weight set did you get?

0070255605392_AV_500X500.jpg

0070255605392_60X60.gif

here they go here they go They by gold gyms..I love gold gym equipment:bigsmile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Cool, so it looks like 2 bars and you add/remove the plates for the desired weight? What kind of exercises are you going to do?
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Of course Im going to do military press, lateral raise,tricep and biceps curls,french press,front raise and so on I have a weider slant board workout bench..so alot of the workout I can do on my bench like ab workouts, leg raises bicycle crunches,situps and so Im love my bench Ive had become so obsessed with working out my room look like a mini gym :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've started doing weight machines at the gym and I am loving the way my arms are starting to look!!!! So excited for you! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've started doing weight machines at the gym and I am loving the way my arms are starting to look!!!! So excited for you! :happy: :happy: :happy:

I know right cant wait to get my arms and abs in check and even my back ugh Im so tired of witing Ive been up all morning and they still arent here Im so sleepy:sad: :yawn:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    They arrive they arrive I just signed for my package yaaaaaaaayyyy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Strength training...well I love running too....and kickboxing...ok yes I love it all but really strength is my favorite!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Shanta you are too cute! :laugh: Reading your posts, you sound just like a little kid waiting for a present to arrive. :smile: Enjoy your exercise equipment. :happy:

Betty
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    haha, we won't hear from shanta again today, she will be too busy working out with the new weights and shopping for a HRM!!! :laugh:

Have fun shanta! :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Thanks you guys yea Im sure am *kitten* soon as I get through eating lunch Im bought to starve..:laugh: :laugh:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So how's it going Shanta?? How was the workout? :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    So how's it going Shanta?? How was the workout? :bigsmile:

OMG what a burn Yes I felt it the weights are great I like the way I can adjust the weight..I had afabulous workout couldnt ask for n thing better:bigsmile: :laugh: one more other thing I did it for like 20mins am I suppose to do it longer I combine cardio and the weight training
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    haha, we won't hear from shanta again today, she will be too busy working out with the new weights and shopping for a HRM!!! :laugh:

Not to mention her arms will shaking too much to type..!!
  • Shanta1983
    Options

Not to mention her arms will shaking too much to type..!!

thats true to :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: