Needing suggestions...

Options
First off, from June 2011 to June 2012, I have lost 130 pounds. That was not as hard as the last 25 pounds.

I just truely don't know what to do...on Tuesday it will be a month with no weight loss. I am just bouncing around the same pound.

This week, I have tried eating back my exercise calories, reducing the cardio, changing my routine and still no change. I walk daily anywhere between 2.4 miles to 5.8 miles. I am trying to jog a 5K so three days a week I work on my jogging goal (this week it was to jog 1 and 1/4 miles on 5 mph for 15 min). I just started working my strength training back in. I use the AMT, the stepper, the elliptical, and the stationary bike in rotation. I just bought 30 Day Shred to start Monday and dumbells for home use.

Should I wait longer for the changes to possibly work or maybe see a nutritionist? These last 25 pounds are driving me insane...anyone have any suggestions? My diary is open if someone could please take a look. I've researched weight loss plateaus to the point of exhaustion. Anyone else been through this?

Replies

• Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I dont know for sure but maybe your body just likes it where it is and wants to sit there for a minute and if you keep doing what your doing, because what you are doing sounds great, it will come off all the way. I know my last 15lbs is lingering around but that because im not as diligent as i was when i had 50lbs to lose. Maybe your doing what i am doing and you just lost some of the intensity you had in the beginning. Good luck to you on those last 25 youve done amazing so far your progress is awesome and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eating at maintenance for a week or two to give your body a break? Let it refuel and get back into gear for loss.
  • weetabix34
    weetabix34 Posts: 14
    Options
    you have come to a plateau n thats totally normal and expected. the weight will come off but dont push self will just take some time-which is frustrating. done amazingly so far so just relax n it will go.x
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eating at maintenance for a week or two to give your body a break? Let it refuel and get back into gear for loss.

I think this is a great idea. It sounds as though you've worked incredibly hard to get this far - maybe its just time for a break.
    Stop focusing on weight loss and exercise, eat regular food up to your maintenance calories and just let yourself think about other things for a while. Take up something new like yoga or pilates or something that doesn't work your body so hard but lets you stretch and relax and chill out a little.

Then, set a date (a month or so away maybe) to start again with a new enthusiasm and a refreshed body and mind.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! For the last year, I have pretty much worked out in some way daily. I think that I am going to start taking 2 days off a week and try NOT to be so OCD about it.