If you go over your calories one day....

Options
2»

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
    I just start the next day fresh and forget it.
    It's like gambling.
    NEVER CHASE YOUR LOSSES :bigsmile:
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I just eat regularly the next day...no need to starve yourself the next day for indulging the day before.
  • mrsavanclan
    mrsavanclan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just start a fresh the next day. On days that I exercise ( about 4x per week) I normally go way over my 30 minutes that I have on my goals. I never eat all thos Calories on those days , so I kind of think it makes up for a slip here and there or a slice of cake. Never look back to things you cant change, just move forward.
  • mcorange01
    mcorange01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just move on... it happens... :drinker:
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nope, I just jump back on the wagon the next day. Unless you overeat by a whole lot (+3500 calories or so) it's not going to make a huge difference in the grand picture.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Continue normally.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Eat normally.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I will eat normally the day after but maybe throw in an extra 30 mins of exercise.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It has already happened a couple times for me... When it does, I just eat better the next day and maybe exercise a little longer than usual.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's just business as usual for me. I went out for drinks/mexican with a friend last night and maxed my cals by like 515. Whoops. :)
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest lessons has been what to do if a slipup happens, or i decide to eat more that my calorie allowance. Before, i'd try tovstarve myself for the next few days to "make up for it", which invariably led to me being starving and miserable, and or binging again. Or I'd think, "see, i cant do this, i have no willpower...I'm just going to go back to how i was eating before (eating anything i want) and try again in a few weeks. Or months.

Now, I tell myself tomorrow is a new day. I might exercise a bit more, but i dont go crazy and try to "work it all off". And guess what-I'm losing :)

Just start fresh the next day. Treat your body with love-it doesnt deserve to be starved OR to be stuffed with food again just cos you messed up yesterday. Love it, and it'll repay you.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are in weight loss mode and you go over your daily calorie goal, as long as you are below your BMR, but above your calorie deficit goal, you are still OK.

I think you mean to stay ABOVE your BMR and BELOW calorie deficit goal. :smile:
  • mrh0rnet
    mrh0rnet Posts: 26
    Options
    It depends how much I go over. I messed around Friday night and got caught out late and hadn't eaten so I had to bite the bullet and get something from Wendy's. Put me about 500 cals over for the day so instead of just cutting 500 cals out yesterday, I burned 400 calories in cardio and cut 100 cals out of yesterdays meal.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks all! I am eating normally today even after how much I went over yesterday. I think I will be OK. I just hate being on a roll and then do something like that. But man was it good and somewhat worth it, LOL :laugh:
  • HorganMom3
    HorganMom3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Depends on a few things. How much over did I go? Is it my rest day/no worry day? What type of food did I eat: a bunch of junk, or am I over mainly on good stuff?

I take this all into consideration, but no matter the answers I try not to stress about it too much and just take it day by day, being true to myself and doing the best I can.