What to do after gaining 3.4 lbs in 1 day

taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
This morning I am up 3.4 lbs from yesterday morning's weigh-in. Went to a wedding last night, and had a great time and a total food splurge. What to do now?

Here's what:
Step 1: Brag to MFP friends about it.
Step 2: Go back to usual routine starting today.
Step 3: Make MFP post about it.

Replies

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Sodium related water retention, my arch enemy :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Poop..you forgot poop.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    if you didn't tell anyone about it, it wouldn't have counted!!!!!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    I'm having the same problem but without the food splurge. I stay within my calories, drink tons of water but yet I keep fluctuating five pounds. Its frustrating and I don't know what to do about it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You're gonna take an epic dump today.
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    all u can do is not worry about it and move on, today is a new day. we all have bad food days, just have to make sure it is not a regular thing :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    1. Realize you didn't gain 3.4 lbs of fat overnight, because that's virtually impossible. It's water weight.
    2. Drink some water
    3. Go for a walk
    4. Continue enjoying your life.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Poop..you forgot poop.

The 3.4 lb gain is "post-partum", if you catch my drift. But I probably should have made Step 1.5: Participate in obligatory poop jokes. :happy:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Convince yourself it was all in your wiener.
  • I ate 3 oreos, 3 small slices of rye, and drank vodka sodas last night... (the food splurge was after I got home from the bar...they were suppose to soak up the alcohol I kept on telling myself...ya.....straight to the thighs LOL). I am up 3 lbs as well. Right now I'm just getting back on track with an egg and lettice breakfast sandwich and a sugar free latte...I'm trying here lol
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    This sounds like a very appropriate course of action.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    1. Realize you didn't gain 3.4 lbs of fat overnight, because that's virtually impossible. It's water weight.
    2. Drink some water
    3. Go for a walk
    4. Continue enjoying your life.

i agree!!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member

Then share pics of THAT with your friends!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    step 4 - go have a love fest with the wife and burn a *kitten* ton of calories, just in case. i mean, sex isn't gonna hurt, right?!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I think bragging is a fantastic idea......however I have 6lbs of rentention happening right now.....so I win right??? lol
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Plain and simple your sodium intake!! If you are on a 2000 cal diet your sodium should be around 2300-2400mg a day if you are intaking less calories less all u have to do to find this info is look on the box of any food right at the very bottom....I gained 3lbs from yesterday why??? Sodium and Carbs so back on MF today....:)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member

^ bwahahahahahaaaa!!!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    brace yourself for 3.4 lb dumpage \m/ .....FATALITY \m/

mkii67dw.png
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    This morning I am up 3.4 lbs from yesterday morning's weigh-in. Went to a wedding last night, and had a great time and a total food splurge. What to do now?

Here's what:
    Step 1: Brag to MFP friends about it.
    Step 2: Go back to usual routine starting today.
    Step 3: Make MFP post about it.

Step 4: Never weigh yourself for at least three days after a binge. Give your body a chance to redeem itself.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Its not real, unless you manage to eat 11,900 cals last night (3.4x3500 cal/1lb of fat)