The magic diet pill

Wonderob
Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
Would you welcome the introduction of a cheap, no side effects, wonder-pill that let's you eat what you want without puting on weight, or would you kinda resent it?

Currently you are rewarded for working your butt off down the gym, being super disciplined about what you eat, and making huge sacrifices, by being fit and healthy

Of course I would love to eat what I wanted and to avoid the pain of the gym, but I think I would resent a fat loss pill that meant anybody could be fit and slim without the hard work!

What's your thoughts?

Replies

• Wonderob
    I thought 'magic diet pill' would pique somebodys interest!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    If one actually, honest to God worked and had no side effects, then HELL YES I would take it.

Don't see that happening in my lifetime, but it's nice to dream about. :smokin:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    I'd love one, not fair that some don't have to worry about it and some like me gain just from thinking of food. But oh well "It is what it is"
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    I'd probably not bother, be an angry fat *kitten* about anyone who used it and belittle them non stop.

I'm okay with this actually.
  • Wonderob
    I'd love one, not fair that some don't have to worry about it and some like me gain just from thinking of food. But oh well "It is what it is"
    Is that right though? Some don't have to worry about their weight? Aren't they just the ones who exercise a lot and don't eat too much?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Is that right though? Some don't have to worry about their weight? Aren't they just the ones who exercise a lot and don't eat too much?

Some. Don't go overgeneralizing though. There are many people out there capable of turning a blind eye to exercise and diet without gaining weight. (Usually teenagers from what I've seen, they end up screwed over as they age though :P) It isn't fair, but nothing to get worked up over.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    ...but I think I would resent a fat loss pill that meant anybody could be fit and slim without the hard work!
    "Slim" does not necessarily equal "Fit". While that mythical pill could make people skinny, you'd still have to put in the effort to be fit. I wouldn't in the least envy a bunch of skinny people with no strength or cardio capacity.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    I would not take it because you can't get muscles in a pill nor can you increase your cardiovascular health and decrease your risk of stroke or heart attack (yes, you can still have a stroke or heart attack when you're thin!).

I love the gym. I love working out. I like the gains in strength and muscle that I have achieved and when someone compliments my body I'm proud because all the hard work I've done is paying off. I would be less proud if I popped a pill and woke up thin (ok, so it would be super cool) but I'd feel like I was a liar if I thanked someone for a compliment because I did nothing to achieve the results.