What Time of Day Do You Exercise?

Options
I wake up at 5:20 every morning to walk an hour, in my opinion it's the best for me. It's not hot yet, not alot of people are out and about to stare at you, and it's a good start to the day. Plus, since I've not eaten yet I feel I'm burning more fat stores as opposed to just burning off whatever I've eaten for the day. Then I'm nice and hungry in the AM, eat a nice healthy and hearty b'fast and it helps to keep me from snacking until lunchtime. It works for me.

When do you work out? Is there a time of day that you feel makes it easier to stay consistent w/your routine? Do you plan your exercise consistently or just fit it in when you can?

Replies

• AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I'm not consistent in my time of day for workouts. I strive for early morning, but I tend to end up getting them in between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM sometime. It really just depends on whatever else my day throws at me.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I work FT, have 3 dogs and go to school in the evenings so I'm not all that consistent.

On Sunday's I have my long run so try to get out there by 7:30/8ish.

during the week i workout during the lunch hour because that's the ONLY time I have available to me.

I get up at 5 and walk my dogs a few times a week, so I guess that's someting, too :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    whenever i want to.
    1 am lately.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    early afternoon
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri I go after work, like 4:30pm. On weekends it's usually between 8-10am.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 most days to work out. I love it. If I am not too tired when I get home, I will walk for 20 mins.
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I move back and forth between my mum's house where exercise is easy and my dad's where there's 5 other people who live there and there's constantly something happening so I'm not at all consistent either. As long as I get it in there though, I'm not too fussed.
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i work 245 to 1115, so i have been working on going around 12 30 every day and working out before work
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My favourite time for a run is around 5:00AM while it's still reasonably cool but I have a race coming up in August and have been running a couple of times a week after work to acclimate to the higher temps. Strength is usually in the evening (home gym)
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I walk 2 miles anytime between 2pm - 3pm, but it is HOT outside. Then I go to the gym at about 7:30pm every evening.
  • barmyarmy79
    Options
    I also work full-time so don't end up exercising til about 1830 not ideal as i end up eating dinner really late but what else can you do?
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Preferably in the morning. I struggle at night after work. I also feel set up for the day witha morning run.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    With an almost 5 year old and a 3 year old, I get the exercise in whenever I can. Sometimes I'm exercising at 9pm. Other times I'm out running at 7am. If I'm lucky they'll play nicely while I do a short DVD, but often I have to wait until they're in bed.
  • mommab23k
    mommab23k Posts: 35
    Options
    To those of you that have trouble fitting it in, I understand. I have a 9,7 and 5 year old and am a SAHM so when I would just try and "fit it in" it never happened. Once I started getting up early (before they did), it was much easier to fit it in. I didn't like it at first, but now I really like that time of day and it works well for me.

I'm not an evening person at all, so working out at night wouldn't work out for me:)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Monday-Friday 7:00 in the evening, and on the weekends it's whenever.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've been going for walks at night once the kids are in bed. I wish I could do the early morning, but I can't :(
  • Zoeeee_xx
    Zoeeee_xx Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I prefer going to the gym in the morning. I feel like it sets me up for a good day.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If its the pool, I go in the early afternoon. If its the stationary bike, I use that in the early evenings.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Whatever time I can. As long as you exercise who cares? I know, I know, there are people who do it at a certain time every day and will pry say something about this...maybe not. I have a disabled Husband so I work out around his schedule.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I work out between 9pm and 12am. Reason being, ever since my classes were over in May, my sleeping habits/schedule has taken its detour resulting me waking up at 11am - 3pm(the latest) everyday. But it doesnt matter when you get your workout in - as long as you get it in you will be fine.