Watching weight loss shows

Options
Does anyone else find it useful to watch weight loss shows?? Sometimes i watch them and pick up tips, other times i watch them while exercising and i constantly think 'i don't want to be like that, so i will work harder'

Anyone else in this boat? If so what shows do you watch?? And what do you gain from them??

Replies

• jbspangs
    jbspangs Posts: 19
    Options
    During my "Recovery week" for P90x, I had to keep watching those shows to keep my mind focused on my goal of weight loss. I was particularly fond of my "Extreme Makeover: Weight-loss edition" marathon
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    they actually unmotivate me because they have such spectacular weight loss, and I have 'normal' weight loss... I want to lose BIG and I can't because I have a life, it's not realistic and it's not usually sustainable.

just my thoughts on them :)
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, they're inspiring. I tell myself that if someone 493lbs can run, I sure as hell can too :smile:
  • katiecass11
    katiecass11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not exactly what you're asking, but I LOVE listening to fitness podcasts on my iPhone during workouts/while driving/etc. My favorite right now is the Jillian Michaels show. She talks about nutrition, fitness, and overall general well-being. I recommend checking it out! I've learned a lot and she's very motivating :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love the weight loss shows. I find them inspiring and I love seeing people succeed.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I really like Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition. I always feel very inspired when I watch it.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    My problem used to be watching shows like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.