C25K Starts Tomorrow - July 9, 2012

Options
Hello,

Some of us are starting the Couch to 5K tomorrow. If you are interested in joing us, please join the group 'From Walkers to Runners'. There was a group that completed the program earlier this year and we are now starting it again for anyone that may be new, didn't complete it the first time etc.

Their are several programs out there, so choose the one that works best for you. I, myself, will be using the plan on coolrunning.com. We just want everyone to listen to your bodies, move at your own pace, and have fun. We are there to support everyone on their journey to becoming a runner. If you are interested, please join us!!!

We start tomorrow....July 9, 2012!!!

J

Replies

• fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think I'd like to start this again. I tried to start on my own about three weeks ago, did part of Week One and then went away for a week, so now I'd like to give it another go. I have a C25K on my phone, and I've seen the coolrunning site. Do we just post what we've accomplished, or go somewhere to post things? Looking forward to this one!
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi fatmom51!! Welcome!!!

Yes. Simply join the group and you will see that I have already posted a topic for the first week. Each week a new topic will be posted for that week. You can post anything you like.....what you did, how you feel, etc. If you feel the need to repeat a week before moving forward, we want to know that too! (That's why the topics are not titled Week 1, Week 2 etc. Not everyone will be at the same place at the same time.)

It's not about how long it takes, it's about completing the journey in a healthy way. We don't want anyone to injure themselves trying to keep up with someone else or because they are trying to follow the program as outlined.

Thanks for joining us. I look forward to the journey.

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I think I'd like to start this again. I tried to start on my own about three weeks ago, did part of Week One and then went away for a week, so now I'd like to give it another go. I have a C25K on my phone, and I've seen the coolrunning site. Do we just post what we've accomplished, or go somewhere to post things? Looking forward to this one!

Join the group From Walkers to Runners

That's where everything will be logged.

J
  • Keekah1969
    Keekah1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite J!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Thanks for the invite J!

No problem! I hope you will join us!!
  • chunkymonkey7692
    Options
    I want to join, I just saw the app on my iphone.
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I want to join, I just saw the app on my iphone.

Welcome chunkymonkey7! I see you have already joined the actual group. Thanks for participating. I am excited about this journey. I hope you are as well!!
  • getrip1
    getrip1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am game. Will definitely sign up!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I am game. Will definitely sign up!

Welcome!! Glad you decided to join us. Let's do this!!!
  • rhythm23
    rhythm23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To anyone starting this, good luck and keep it up. I started 4 years ago with couch to 5k and ended up substituting 1/3rd of my cycle commutes for runs - 10km 5 times per week. Even though I still find it hard dealing with my weight I'm utterly addicted to running now and find myself getting cranky if I don't get a "release" at some point :-)

It starts hard but gets easier. Keep it up!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, but I'm in Week 4, trying desperately to successfully complete Day 3. That five-minute jog is killer, but I am getting better. Can I still join?
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Day two of the coolrunning.com plan is tomorrow, I'd like to join, need MOTIVATION!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    To anyone starting this, good luck and keep it up. I started 4 years ago with couch to 5k and ended up substituting 1/3rd of my cycle commutes for runs - 10km 5 times per week. Even though I still find it hard dealing with my weight I'm utterly addicted to running now and find myself getting cranky if I don't get a "release" at some point :-)

It starts hard but gets easier. Keep it up!

Wow...that's awesome!! I love hearing success stories. Please feel free to stop by and offer words of encouragement if you like!!!

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I'd like to join, but I'm in Week 4, trying desperately to successfully complete Day 3. That five-minute jog is killer, but I am getting better. Can I still join?

You are more than welcome to join us!!! Please join the group. Maybe you can encourage us to get where you are!! v:smile:
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Day two of the coolrunning.com plan is tomorrow, I'd like to join, need MOTIVATION!

The more the merrier!!! Head on over and join us!!!!!
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am going to join the group. I've been half-*kitten* trying C25K all this summer. I can't seem to get past week 1. Some days running 1 whole minute is easy and other days it's a killer and I have to skip a run cycle just to catch my breath. Maybe the group can help me break through!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the bridge to 10K tomorrow, can I join?
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I am going to join the group. I've been half-*kitten* trying C25K all this summer. I can't seem to get past week 1. Some days running 1 whole minute is easy and other days it's a killer and I have to skip a run cycle just to catch my breath. Maybe the group can help me break through!

I completely understand! We will be glad to have you and hopefully we can get you past Week !!!! LOL

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I'm starting the bridge to 10K tomorrow, can I join?

No need to ask. Join us. Glad to have you!!!

J
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    I tried to start the C25k couple of weeks ago. Got thru week1 and quit. I would like to join and start back the program too.