LADIES: DO IT YOURSELF WORK OUT TANKS

Options

Replies

• _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Love it... I have WAY too many t-shirts... and I needed some new tanks to workout in!
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Bump! Definitely going to try this.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Cute!! Thanks for sharing!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I just made my boyfriend box up a bunch of old t-shirts he doesn't wear, so I'm going to give this a whirl on some of those bad boys :drinker:
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    Love this idea!! It is so simple and cute! Thank you for sharing!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for posting!!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Cute idea...thanks for sharing!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Definitely have a few too many event shirts that don't fit just right. Thanks for posting!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC idea!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options

I've been doing my own tanks for years, but never tried it with the tie on the back....what I do is get my fave tank, put it flat on an old shirt and cut a pattern, then sew....complete originals!

cheers :)
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Think I am going to hit the thrift shop and make some tanks for my girls.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm was just saying that I need some new workout gear, lol. Now this works for me cause I've got a lot of loose thirst nowadays that I cannot wear otherwise. Thanks girlie!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Interesting idea and I will probably try it, but it seems like that knot in the back would be very uncomfortable anytime you sat back like when driving or doing leg lifts.
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    bump
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Going to try this. Thanks for posting.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    There was a discussion just like this yesterday. I have tried out a few different patterns of these, because I am a Pintrest freak, and try everything... LOL. I did not like the way the sleeves or the neck was once I was done. It was cute when I put it on, but after an hour in the gym, it was awful. They have you cut SO much of the neckline out, that half of my sports bra was showing. It's kind of bulky in the back, and I kept messing with where the knot should be. It kept moving around, and still being a long way from my goal weight, I was very uncomfortable in it. I don't think I will do that one again. When I found the second tutorial, I kinda modified it a bit to suit what *I* like. I know this is going to sound silly, but I just cut the sleeves off. By doing that, there is just enough material to tuck the edges under the straps of your sports bra. Then I cut just the tiniest slit in the neck. No V shape. No scoop neck. Just a straight line, about 2 inches long. And I LOVED it!!! I have made 4 or 5 of those now. It's the only thing I work out in, and now I can wear all my old favorite T's again -and I'm not spending 15-30 dollars for workout tanks!!!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'll try this tonight! =)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just made this this morning. I used a more fitted t-shirt and it turned out super cute. I love it! Thanks for posting. :)