for 25, 50 + loosers I have a ?

Options
For those of you who have lost 25, 50 plus pounds, I have a question for you. I am wondering if you your stomach has shrinked, so to speak. I dont think it really does shrink, but I am wondering if your hunger starts dissapates after a certain amount of loss, and when looking at the correct portions on your plate, you will not feel that panic that its not going to be enough. Or, better yet, be satisfied with the smaller portions once you are finsihed eating. I know I will be challenged all my life, but....I am hoping that my body will adjust to my changes in the long run and really hoping it will eventually get a little bit easier for me down the road. Or am I going to be hungry and grouchy for the rest of life, lol? Because if there is one thing I have learned from all of this is....I am constantly hungry! It never goes away...:sad:

Replies

• EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If you feel hungry all the time, you need to:

-choose foods that will fill you up and keep you full longer
    -drink lots of water
    -make sure you eat after you exercise
    -identify whether you are truly hungry or just want food (usually happens when bored)

Also, did you decrease your calories gradually? Some people find it beneficial to decrease 200 one week, then 300, then 500, until they get to their preferred calorie deficit. Going from 3000+ calories to 1800 right away can make it harder. I was eating around 4000 per day when I started, and I found that going to 3500, then 3000, then 2500, then 2200 made it a LOT easier. Now I can eat 2200 without even giving it a second thought. Thanks to drinking tons of water and eating every two hours, I very rarely feel hungry.