Why do I get weezy when doing high impact zumba?

Hi I got to 4-5 zumba classes a week the last weeks I am getting a weird weezy sensation when I drink water in between dances and its odd am slightly worried?
Any ideas? Thanks x

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Anyone?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    It's worth getting checked out for exercise-induced asthma (EIA). I get it when I run or do high-impact cardio, and it's exactly the same symptoms. If that's what it is, your doctor will prescribe a reliever inhaler which will immediately relieve any wheezing. But as you get fitter you'll find you can do much more before you need it.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    ??? I would speak with the instucture for advice on this...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    It's worth getting checked out for exercise-induced asthma (EIA). I get it when I run or do high-impact cardio, and it's exactly the same symptoms. If that's what it is, your doctor will prescribe a reliever inhaler which will immediately relieve any wheezing. But as you get fitter you'll find you can do much more before you need it.

This is what came to my mind. I know a couple of women who can't do cardio because of asthma.
  • sandown12
    Oh its only just started the last 2 weeks/ :( Thanks x
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Ok, I completely agree that if it persists, go to the doctor!!!

However, try this - chew gum!!! LOL I know it sounds strange, but try it!!!! I get the same symptoms, and popping in a pice of gum, chewing it up, and then just sucking on it every once in a while seems to make the symptoms go away. It doesn't make sense, but it works for me! One hypothesis that I have is simply that it keeps my mouth from getting dry...anyway, it's worth a shot, and it will only cost you a few pennies to find out if it works!!!!
  • sandown12
    Thanks :) I never get it only 40 minutes in on high impact? Will try x