Needed Help

mandysuelorenz
mandysuelorenz Posts: 12 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm fairly new to this site and I need some tips on losing weight with Hypothyroidism. About three years ago I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and had my thyroid completely removed along with my Parathyroid glands. My doctor put me on Alli and I did lose about 30 lbs but about four months ago, I stopped because I wanted to see if I could do it on my own with the basic exercises. I stay around 1200 calorie scale and my doctor has upped my thyroid med to make me hyperthyroid to help me lose more weight. That seemed to work for about a month but for the past three months, I have only lost about five pounds. I was wondering if you can give me any suggestions on helping lose weight again. I don’t know if not having a thyroid would matter when trying to lose weight.

Thanks in advance.

Mandy.

Replies

• zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    I'm very surprised to hear that a reputable doctor would make you deliberately hyperthyroid. It can lead to osteoperosis (spelling?). Mine is severely underactive, and even though I am on the right dosage of synthroid, I find I have to work much harder to see weight loss. But I'm doing it. I work out harder every time I work out which is 3-4 times a week, and concentrate more on getting stronger and more active, and I figure the weight loss will take care of itself eventually. I was a Size 22W and now am a size 18 (non plus size 18).
  • mandysuelorenz
    mandysuelorenz Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for the tips. My doctor has been making me take blood test every month and I have to go see her every month to check my heart beat to make sure it isn't speeding up. She said the only symptoms I'm showing is my hands shake a little and the heat bothers me more than it use to.

Monday- Saturday: I usually walk for a walk for twenty minutes and jog in place for ten minutes.
    Sunday: I usually work out to a cardio dvd like Richard Simmons or 10 minute Solution vids. So far I've lost 2 pant sizes. Thanks again for your help :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    If you don't mind me asking what was your weight before you lost 60 lobs. Just curious I am in the same size and my old size was a 22. Just want to compare weight. You can send in message if you dont want to put here

my message is to zebra
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    hey April. I'm proudly displaying it on my ticker I was 275, when I started losing weight. I was about 225 when I started MFP.
This discussion has been closed.