Quick Foods around 200/250 cals?

I need things I can grab and eat.

No meat.

I would need really hardy veggies/fruit since my fridge sucks and ruins a lot of veg (can't get lettuce unless I am eating it that day etc).

I have things like graham crackers and PB, cheese and crackers, luna bars....

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    a lot of snack bars out there around 150-250 cals I always have clif energy bars, clif mojo bars, supreme protein bars, balance bars, quaker cinnamon pecan bars, fiber 1 bars , my diary has a lot of these in there if you wanted to see the nutritional value
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    a lot of snack bars out there around 150-250 cals I always have clif energy bars, clif mojo bars, supreme protein bars, balance bars, quaker cinnamon pecan bars, fiber 1 bars , my diary has a lot of these in there if you wanted to see the nutritional value

Thanks I will check em out. I like the sounds of the quaker bars.
  • best is the chocolate dipped coconut Luna bar. Its like a meal! It keeps me so full while not having me eat too much. The coconut keeps you full for a long period of time (: Or the S'mores, but it doesn't keep me full as long...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I use the little snack bag sized ziploc type baggies and portion out almonds, sunflower seeds or pumkin seeds. Greek yoghurt is excellent if you have access to a fridge or cooler.

ETA: sorry - just noticed your comment about your fridge.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 196 Member
    I also use kashi granola bars too for a quick snack.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Does your fridge do well with juice?I get the Bolthouse smoothies and the BareNaked brand smoothies along with the breakfast blends. 8 oz serving anywhere from 130 to 190 calories. I love the green goodness for the fact it has both veggies and fruit in it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    120 cals a slice, no fridge needed

astronauticecream.jpg
  • Baby carrot sticks and spicy chipolte hummus is my snack of choice these days ! you get the sweet from the carrot and a little salty spicy kick from the hummus ! For light snacks , I eat wheat crackers topped with hummus and sprinkle a little imitation bacon bits ( 25 cals per tablespoon ) but for non meat eaters I am sure there is something that can be substituted. :tongue:
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    I use the little snack bag sized ziploc type baggies and portion out almonds, sunflower seeds or pumkin seeds. Greek yoghurt is excellent if you have access to a fridge or cooler.

ETA: sorry - just noticed your comment about your fridge.

It can handle yogurt! Another good idea. It just doesn't keep tender veg/fruit fresh. It is either "arctic" or "Seattle in July"...there is no "normal fridge" cold.