What's for dinner?

Options
Any suggestions? I want some inspiration for some healthy dinners.

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had 2 cleaned out portobello mushroom caps filled with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, a few slices of turkey pepperoni, sliced black olives and oregano. Then baked them in the oven for 20 minutes.
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! Great way to replace a carb :)
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My answer won't be in the least bit helpful, but it was tasty :) My kids and husband had pizza subs - ham/pepperoni/sauce/cheese and peppers all toasted in the oven. Since I can't eat gluten, dairy or meat, I had a spinach salad and rice....so exciting.
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well I had a salad with onions and homemade salad dressing. For dessert I had watermelon.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of spinach, half of a red pepper chopped up, two tablespoons of roasted red pepper hummus, 15 wheat thin crackers, and a half cup of my black bean casserole (can of black beans, can of red beans, can of corn, can of diced red peppers, can of diced tomatos, cilantro, hot sause, and oregano). Delish!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It's so friggin hot I can't bring myself to even use my toaster oven... so I just had a fudgsicle. haha!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    We had salmon pinwheels for supper tonight: salmon stuffed with feta and bell peppers (~200-some calories each) on top of salad greens (spinach and arugula). Delicious! :)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Grilled Caesar! Delicious!

Grill a chicken breast. Remove it, and dice it up.
    Take a full "heart of romaine" (not the pre-cut bags), grill it for a couple minutes on both sides. Remove.
    Cut the romaine in half, long-ways, and top with chicken and croutons.
    Drizzle a couple tablespoons of Caesar dressing over it all, and prepare to have your life changed!

That's my dinner in 10 minutes!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Tonite we are having salmon with oven roasted asparagus & butternut squash puree.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Saturday we had grilled steak, some quinoa & salsa, a bit of corn & a huge salad with rice wine vinegar.

Today it was store-bought BBQ pork over a huge "chopped" salad ..... lots of greens & raw veggies ..... no dressing.

Eating out, I order grilled salmon over a large Mediterranean salad (greens, tomatoes, olives & feta w/balsamic).

Hmmmm ..... salad seem to be the common thread here :drinker:
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    These:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-kabobs-in-a-middle-eastern-marinade-332668
    With roasted veggies, bell pepper and zucchini
    This made with quinoa instead of farro
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/05/farro-with-feta-cucumbers-and-sun-dried.html#more
    And a kale salad from the local deli
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    i had a jenni-o turkey burger and turkey bacon in a ww tortilla + a side of steamed broccoli
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Too hot for much cookin' - we had BLTs with avocado, and I put baba ganoush on mine - it was tasty! And I had a hard boiled egg for more protein. :tongue: