Negative Thoughts.

Options
How does one stop the negativity? I constantly have negative or critical thoughts about myself which are mainly physical. I have also grown to be extremely jealous of attractive people!
Does anyone else go through this? Any advice?

Replies

• NanaDino4
    NanaDino4 Posts: 63
    Options
    I go thru this also,,,mine is primarily due to being put down most of my life. I keep telling myself I am worthy and do desire to look just as good as anyone else and I know I can do this. It takes alot of mental help plus also find people who support you and will help you
    with these thoughts...we are here for you and if you like add me and I will be happy to be here for you.
  • Missi3601
    Missi3601 Posts: 264
    Options
    I think everyone goes through this- My sister lost over 100 pounds and still always swore she was fat/ugly... Always spoke of herself in a negative manner- it took years before she could finally say good things about herself.

I myself have days where I think maybe I look too fat in a shirt or something, but I can honestly say that I get a ton of compliments about looking like I've lost so much weight that I think it helps me to feel more positive then negative...
  • jaxboxchick
    Options
    I was too busy being jealous of how beautiful you are to formulate a proper answer :)
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    I was too busy being jealous of how beautiful you are to formulate a proper answer :)

please tell me you are joking!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've always had a multitude of negative thoughts about myself.

My solution, taken up the same time I started working on my eating and exercise, has been to start writing myself almost daily pep talks about the positive things I'm doing, as well as writing out a list of gratitudes.

Maybe it's a little nutty, but I need the reminders.