Pumpkin on the mind...

Options
jesusHchris
jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
I saw another pumpkin post today and got hungry.

I found this delicious sounding recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/iced-pumpkin-cookies/

And decided to try to make it SLIGHTLY less bad for you. This is definitely not a health food, but these small substitutions might help a little and it tastes great. I'm eating some right now.

Step 1: Same ingredients, added two scoops of vanilla whey
Step 2: Substituted "Stevia in the Raw" for white sugar, added one egg (to offset more dry addition in step 1)
Step 4: Instead of confection sugar, put the following in Magic Bullet: 3 scoops whey protein, 3 scoops "Stevia in the Raw", 3 scoops corn starch. This is to make the glaze.

Corn starch, white flower, blah blah - I know. Abs McAberson would disapprove. Also, I am a dude that doesn't know how to cook, so perhaps my substitutions are whack. Basically, I was trying to remove the majority of the sugar, add some protein, and see if it wouldn't make me vomit. Success.

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    How did they come out? I love pumpkin food
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Looks like about 207 calories when I made the recipe into 16 cookies.

Carbs: 22, Fat: 9, Protein: 12

They are delicious. The consistency is more like cake than a cookie.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    LOVE pumpkin!
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a new recipe! So glad you were inspired. xxx
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, i love pumpkin cookies. Good for you for trying to make them a little more healthy. I try things like that all the time. You say you can't cook but i think you did an excellent job!
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    After eating several of them, they now taste boring. Time to pass them out to friends and go back to the chicken and canned tuna, I'm not cut out for this baking crap. :)