rough week

Options
todd6977
todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
well as may of you know southern WV got hit hard by the storms last week. arrive sunday afternoon in Lewisburg WV only to find out no power no water. thought about coming home but they said stay it will be back by monday. ok monday comes around no water no power. finally monday night it comes back on and water. go to training for the job on weds for the opening round thursday. laser shooters measure the distance when they hit the ball. ok show up 5:30 am thursday only to find out they are short couple people so i have to work 6 am to 6 pm without a break or lunch or anything. thursday goes ok 104 temps sunburn like a lobster but not feeling bad YET. they would bring water around every two hours or so but still not enough. friday 6 am again short people need to work 6 am to 9 pm. water on friday was like every 4 hours and we are talking 12 oz bottles and WARM as piss. another 100 degree day. around 3 on friday starting to not feel well. go to get up and bam straight to the ground, couple ladies and men help me to a chair and begin to dump water all over me. medical comes and take me to onsite med center. they say i look bad, hook me up to IV's to get fluid in me quick. blood pressure when i went in was 65 over 33. on my way to hospital. finally get fluids ok bllod pressure fine they keep me till saturday night and release me. told not to go back to golf tournament becasue of hot temps. drove home today. wow what a great vacation. got to see toby keith weds night only highlite i have wanted to see golf but hey.

Replies

• nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Glad you are ok... I was there near Charleston last week. They are getting hit again now with storms and power restored is going back down. Get well and keep working. I had a tough week too. Lost a very close friend unexpectedly.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    oh my what a week!! Glad yu are ok.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Ashland, KY. I hope things get better for you all up there I can't even imagine how stressful it is. Toby Keith probably was a big pick me up.. He put's on one hell of a show! Hang in there!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Dang, certainly not the ideal vacation but glad you are ok. Take care and welcome back! P.S. Yeah for Toby Keith!
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :frown: wow I would say that was a tough week I am glad you are ok after all that. Dehydration, sun-stroke, and sun-burn all combined!! Hope your week gets better and your sunburn heals nicely. Take care and hope to see more of you as my new MFP buddy!! :flowerforyou: