Running Shoes

Options
Can anyone suggest a good pair of running shoes for women. Hell, I have big feet, I could do a men's shoe. The cheaper the better. I really don't have more that about $55 to spend and would prefer to spend even less if that is possible. So really I am asking for a decent pair or running shoes not ones that will feel like running on a cloud, but ones that won't give me tendonitis. Thanks guys?

Replies

• Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks Radius right now, think they are going out of production, so I got a great deal on them and I love them. Brooks Cascadia 4 for Trail Running, bit more pricey.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    go to citysports.com they have they running shoes online thats where Im ordering my from?
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I bought my mother in law a pair of New Balance running shoes from Sports Authority. They were in your $55 price range and she loves them!
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of AVIA I purchased about two months ago. I absolutely love them.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    A few years ago, my massage therapist had researched walking and running shoes and New Balance was #1 then. I have bought New Balance ever since. :smile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Asics Gel Phoenix for $50 at Kohls. I had a 20% off coupon and they were on sale (originally 74.99). If you go to the Kohls website and sign up for their e-mail, they send you coupons for 15-20% two to three times a month or more.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Brand doesn't matter as much as getting the right type. Make sure you know if you pronate or not. If so, make sure you get a stability shoe to not cause injury. A lot of stores are getting rid of the old styles right now since the new inventories came in recently.

Ladies footlocker can tend to have good prices. Recently I went to a big chain store and found what I needed. Then I went home and ordered them online and got them at a fraction of the store cost.

Good Luck.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics... they feel amazing
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My daughter recently bought a pair of Asics on sale at Big 5 and loves them.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out a running specialty store. You will pay a bit more, but usually the customer service is worth it. I am training for a marathon and am a "bigger" runner, i.e., not stick thin. I also have trouble with my knees, I love my new Saucony shoes!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair of Asics Gel Phoenix for $50 at Kohls. I had a 20% off coupon and they were on sale (originally 74.99). If you go to the Kohls website and sign up for their e-mail, they send you coupons for 15-20% two to three times a month or more.

I did this too. Think I ended up paying around $40 after all the discounts. Also, i tried on and walked around in easily a dozen pairs before ending up with the Asics.

They ended up being the ones that fit my foot best. But i'm sure it's different for everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    Brooks or New Balance are two very good brands. I have a pair of Brooks myself that I wear when I speed walk daily. I've had them for about a year and they are still like new.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I used to swear by Adidas, but now I love Saucony. I wouldn't recommend a men's shoe as women tend to have narrower feet and you'll probably get the best support from a women's shoe. Just my $0.02. :happy:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    i would recommend going to a good running store just to get fit and find the right shoe for you. then you can go online and order last years model. I did by my first pair from the running store but from then on out its online. Some shoes that fit wider feet that I have run in are New balance, Asics, Mizuno (mizuno being my favorite).
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried under armour?? They have a pair I want because it's got a pink ribbon on the back but I don't want to waist $90 if they are lousey to run in...I only run 5 miles - not too long distance.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good deals here:

http://www.final-score.com/

And I love my Saucony's too! :drinker:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I recommend trying on both shoes when fitting. I have tried on running shoes before and when I got home, the mate to the shoe I tried on just did not feel all that great. Sooooo make sure to try on both shoes, and walk around the store with them on :wink: for a while and make sure they fit well, and that they do not slide on your heel or cramp your toes. Nothing makes a run more miserable!!
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Has anyone tried under armour?? They have a pair I want because it's got a pink ribbon on the back but I don't want to waist $90 if they are lousey to run in...I only run 5 miles - not too long distance.

I have a pair of under armour sneakers that I LOVE but I don't do much running/jogging. Mostly walking so I can't really make a good recommendation about them :bigsmile: