This pattern gets OLD. I'll start on Monday :/

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The beginning of the week is odd for me since Im back at work. However, Fridays seem to be my best day. Of course, just in time to get all screwy on the weekends.

I remember reading somewhere on this site something about "a year from now you might have wished you started today". Ok so I totally butchered that phrase but I think it was from a girl that had posted a success story. She printed it out and looked at it for a year while she was tracking. Maybe something to motivate you...
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've done that a million times. I guess its about mind set. I decied I am not going a certain day but the very next meal. If I have a bad day I don't use it as an excuse anymore. I figure its now or never.

^^^This. I did the "I'll start on Monday" thing for a long time, but you have to get right back on the horse and not use an overindulgence as an excuse for more overindulgence.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Did that for years and years and years. And once I ate one bad thing even if it was still Monday it was like over until next Monday.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also with the boozy drinks. Maybe you can try cutting down? If you had a beer every night, cut back to only on weekends. If you only drank on weekends, cut back to once a month....thats what Im trying....
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    God knows how many times I said that. Then one day, I re-found my account on MFP.. it was a Friday and I said '*kitten* IT'. I got on it and something in my head clicked. I stopped eating the junk and jumped straight into a new lifestyle with going for daily walks...then moved on to getting a treadmill..then elliptical. Now I'm 33 lbs down. I wish I could tell you what changed in my head but I couldn't..