Tough time staying on track

MeganFex
MeganFex Posts: 46
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been on this site for a while, but haven't been consistent with it. I would like to be, because it's a great site and I know it could really help me. Starting today I am going to try my hardest to be consistent with it, and with exercising. I had a really great thing going, and then took a month off from working out regularly. I'm having a tough time getting back on track... any tips? I look forward to really becoming a member of this site :) I know it can help me out, I just have to stick to it. I also have a tough time eating properly, how do you all stick to it? do you have certain cheat days? Thanks a bunch

Megan

Replies

• MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    I have the same problem!
  • I am on the same boat as you are! I did really good the first 2 days now I haven't recorded anything or exsercied for the last 3 days and friday is my first weigh in day. I was going to head to the gym tonight and start fresh with my eating tomorrow! Maybe try joining a group I did, and everyone on here is so supportive and sweet.

Good Luck with everything! If you ever need to chat I'm here :smile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I'm going to admitt something...i'm a big cheater......but not in big ways anymore.....when i eat something bad, like mcdonalds, i get the "least calorie" meals i can which is a 10 piece meal, adds up to about 800 cals....then for the next couple of days i cut off about 100 or 200 cals to make up for it....or if i need chips or chocolate i buy the 100 calorie packs....as for icecream, weight watchers is awesome, and taste great. I try to make my life all about balance....instead of cheating horribly, then feeling guilty and giving up. And LOG EVERYTHING...even if its bad, just to help you keep track. Log EVERYDAY too.....cause if you log the next day, you might forget what you ahve eaten....if you can't log everyday keep a food journal so you can keep track and log it in yoru diary when you get back online. Hope this helps
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    I'm dealing with the same thing. If I would just be consistent with utilizing the support and tools from MFP it would help. Good luck and don't give up!
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    I do best if I take 10 minutes before bed to plan my food for the next day. I'm getting better at judging my calories as I go, but the reality is...I'm lazy. :wink: So having it right there, where I don't have to figure out what to eat, makes it a lot easiery to stay on track. If I decide to have something else I can always pop in and change it too.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    I am the same way, but what I have done to help is to log what I eat. Even if its so far over its sad, even if its not entirely accurate, just keeping the the habit of logging my foods every day is what helps me stay on track.
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    I am the same way, but what I have done to help is to log what I eat. Even if its so far over its sad, even if its not entirely accurate, just keeping the the habit of logging my foods every day is what helps me stay on track.

Now that you say that I realize, when I have overdone it on food, I don't even log into the website and consider logging my food. I know that I overdid it, but seeing the calorie intake would keep me in touch with reality probably.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    I've been having trouble too! I've been overloading on sweets lately. I keep track of EVERYTHING though. I used to whenever I got off track didn't even want to put it in my food log, but now I do and it motivates me the next day and I exercise harder. (Well most of the time)
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Been There & Done That! uh-huh!!!!!! :laugh: :sad: :grumble:

This website helps me sooooo much because it helps establish
    good habits and measuring devices for staying on track to losing weight.

It's said it takes 30 days to change bad habits. :grumble: :noway:

In the meantime........ it's good to figure out ahead
    of time what foods to eat and workouts to do.
    And then DON'T THINK so much. JUST GO & DO IT!

My best weight loss came when I ate mostly the same things and
    worked out with a trainer who set up weight training routines for me.
    On days when "I didn't feel like it"...... I switched on auto-pilot, just did the routines anyway.

Then VIOLA! DONE...... Hey, Not so bad after all!!!! Then you start feeling
    better and the habits start changing cuz it feels Good to FEEL GOOD!! :love: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Old habits are very hard to break. It should be expected that you will not be perfect at your new lifestyle right out of the gate. The more important thing, however, is that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again! Perhaps you need to back off a bit and focus on one meal at a time instead of a full day. For example, every day this week, dinner must be a healthier meal. Once you've tackled this, add in lunch--both must be healthier. Work your way up to a full day. Then two days in a row, then three, etc. Try for the smaller successes, they'll add up to a larger one.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    Log your food before you eat, and also log your food on days when you also get out of your "diet". It's good to be honest with yourself.

Join a group on this board where people post their weight on a weekly basis, it really helps to see others reaching for goals just like you.

And most important of all, just keep going, even if you slip.

I liked the advice barbarella gave about going on autopilot on the days that you don't feel like working out.

Another thing I do is to reward myself with things other than food when I workout like a movie at home, or any thing that gives me pleasure.

We're all together in this.
  • Thank you everyone!! You're all so helpful, and have great advice. I definitely need to get back into my routine. I think that logging my food in the day before so I know what I am going to eat will help me a lot. Thanks for the tips and what not :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    When things get tough, you really have to sit down and think about your goals. Think a year down the road. That's what I always do. I think about where I will be in a year, and (like my signature says) I wonder if I'll be happy that I stuck it out or sad that I wasted another year.
This discussion has been closed.