Pop or soda?

Options

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Soda. Soda. Soda. It was in the beginning, as it shall be in the end.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    soda because that's what we call it in CA...but now, that I live in IL, I'm surrounded by all this "pop" nonsense. It's soda.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i laugh when people say "pop" sounds silly to me. it's soda.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Soda.. pop for me its a popsycle
  • tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in good old Louisiana. It's all called Coke...even if you're drinking Diet Dr Pepper, which is by far the BEST. When I was little and we used to go to Burger Chef, when you ordered a coke they would ask you what kind...to which you would reply Coke coke (if you wanted Coca Cola) or you would say orange, purple, Dr Pepper, Pepsi...etc.
  • michelle850
    michelle850 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm an army brat who moved around while growing up, it was always coke (no matter what it was) or soda until I moved to Wisconsin, now it's pop. They also call drinking fountains "bubblers" and they "itch a scratch", instead of "scratch an itch"...that one drives me crazy! :)
  • FiitGiiqrl92
    Options
    i say sody pop or pop. soda sounds so foreign. lol
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Pop in the Midwest. Soda on the West Coast. Bad whatever you call it everywhere.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It depends on what part of the country (US) you live in. I've lived on the east coast, west coast, midwest, and south, and heard it called so many different things.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    California=soda.:drinker:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    its soda! Pop is a sound, not a drink. Its soda. Read the label, it says SODA :happy:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm an army brat who moved around while growing up, it was always coke (no matter what it was) or soda until I moved to Wisconsin, now it's pop. They also call drinking fountains "bubblers" and they "itch a scratch", instead of "scratch an itch"...that one drives me crazy! :)

Guilty of using that last term :blushing: bc sometimes you just gotta itch that scratch, lol
  • jpschabell
    jpschabell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Soft drink. "Would you like a soft drink?" My husband - "we need soft drinks when you go to the store". Northern Kentucky is where we are. If someone says "pop" or "soda" we know they're from someplace else :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    F*ckin A, it's SODA!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm from California. EVERYONE calls it soda. My family from Ohio makes fun of me and insists it's "pop". haha
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Cali.. I say soda. I hate the word 'pop'. Makes me want to 'pop' people on the mouth.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I am from South Louisiana and everything is a coke....the question is what kind of coke do you want....LOL
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Defy them all and ask for a fizzy drink!
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I call it Coke (:
    Must be a Texas Thing!
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    In the midwest it was always pop. Although a college friend from a small town in Illinois called it sodi. On the west coast is soda.