For the lush in all of us

Options
nrbromert
nrbromert Posts: 44 Member
I am going to be going to the MLB allstar game will be tailgating all day (10am-10pm). I know the group i am going with will be drinking a lot of beer but I don't know what to drink. I normally would do beer, but that's no longer an option. I am a vodka fan as well. Just wondering if anyone had any low-cal ideas?

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Every one will say Vodka and Soda or something like that. All alcohol has almost exactly the same cals within 50 per ounce. It doesn't fu*king matter.

Just drink more slowly. Have a few beers.

For the 4th, I was with some heavy drinkers. I only had 2 beers I think. I was just sipping. And, there were so many bottles on the table, they didn't know. I would get up once in a while and go to the kitchen, like I was getting a beer. No one knew the difference. Try to kind of fake it a bit, have a few, and enjoy.

I had a psych teacher that didn't like to drink. So, when he went to parties, he would drink one beer, then, he would fill up his beer can with water after that. No one would know the difference and they all thought he was drinking. I thought it was brilliant.
  • jensaeugling
    jensaeugling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yay for the All Star Game! I live in KC and the whole city seems so excited. When I drink, I usually have Bud Select 55 and add lime... Yum, and only 55 calories a bottle. If I want vodka which is only 69 calories an ounce, I mix it with crystal light...Lemonade, raspberry, etc. Depending on the size of your glass you only need 1/4 to 1/2 pckg at a time. Have fun!!!
  • nrbromert
    Options
    Ya, that's a good idea just to"fake it" I didn't realize that pretty much all alcohol has same calories. I was thinking vodka drinks would be much better than beer, half the calories or more.

We will see I will want to drink like everyone else but know if I did i would have 2000 calories in beer alone.
  • nrbromert
    Options
    ya I haven't tried the crystal light. We typically for Royals games have beer and a couple gallons of vodka and pink lemonade,
  • kepirus
    kepirus Posts: 79
    Options
    Nevr mind - sorry! :-)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Figure out if you are drinking for you or your buddies. That should answer your question.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Yay for the All Star Game! I live in KC and the whole city seems so excited. When I drink, I usually have Bud Select 55 and add lime... Yum, and only 55 calories a bottle. If I want vodka which is only 69 calories an ounce, I mix it with crystal light...Lemonade, raspberry, etc. Depending on the size of your glass you only need 1/4 to 1/2 pckg at a time. Have fun!!!

Yay! Someone else who likes the crappy beer! I love Michelob Ultra Lime, 95 cals a pop but oh so good to me.
  • nrbromert
    Options
    I'm definetly drinking for me. I cant keep up with them or haven't been able to in years
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    flavord vodka + soda water + muddled limes is good

captain and diet coke or diet ginger ale is good

for beer i cant really help you out there.
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Flavored Seltzer Water or Club Soda. You can drink all you want!
  • Ziggyzambo
    Ziggyzambo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but beer does have significantly more calories than spirits. Vodka will have about 100 calories per drink, while Budweiser (to use a random example) has about 150 calories (these are standard 1.5oz and 12 oz drinks, and have the same amount of alcohol). If you're mixing your vodka with lemonade though, those drinks will probably be much higher in calories, with all the sugar.

That said, I'd not worry about it, drink what you want, and just have fun on the special occasion. Weight loss is about the daily habits, not the special exceptions.