Is it really bad...?

Options
To have a mixed drink once in a while? I'm not a major drinker or anything but i do like to have the occasional drink. I love rum and coke but when i saw the calorie count on 1 rum and coke my mouth dropped :noway::grumble: Does anyone have any advice on how to lower the calories a little???:drinker:

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    vodka + tonic + squeeze of lime = 150 calories of pure bliss :happy:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Rum & Diet Coke = only the calories of the rum
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    A-B Natural Light. 95 calories and still (kinda) tastes like beer. MGD 64 didn't do it for me.

If you have the calories, why not? The alcohol calories are completely empty, but beer also contains carbs. MMMmmmmmmmm,,, carbs.... :drinker:
  • ctucker07
    ctucker07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Crystal Light!
  • cheshirekat
    cheshirekat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    vodka soda = 100 calories! Squeeze a lime in there, its good, well I like it anyway, but I don't really like sweet stuff.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    anything clear.....vodka, gin, tequila....and mix it with either diet soday or no calorie drink like crystal light or diet snapple. 1 shot of vodka has about 56 cals....and if you want the fuzzy bubbles add club soda to it.
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    To have a mixed drink once in a while? I'm not a major drinker or anything but i do like to have the occasional drink. I love rum and coke but when i saw the calorie count on 1 rum and coke my mouth dropped :noway::grumble: Does anyone have any advice on how to lower the calories a little???:drinker:

thanks everyone!!! alot of the drinks sound really good and i will try them next time i decide to drink.:drinker:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Something I keep seeing is that alcohol slows your metabolism so even if it's a 5 calorie drink you're still altering the way your body works i guess.

Having said that, if you can't do things you enjoy what the hell is the point of it all, you just have to be smart about it.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Something I keep seeing is that alcohol slows your metabolism so even if it's a 5 calorie drink you're still altering the way your body works i guess.

Having said that, if you can't do things you enjoy what the hell is the point of it all, you just have to be smart about it.

When you consume alcohol when trying to lose weight, your body stops burning fat to burn the alcohol.

I was told by a doctor, naturopath and my natural pharmacist that red wine is the way to go if you want to have an occasional drink. It is supposed to help keep blood sugar stabilized and help with smooth food digestion, along with antioxidants, and other benefits.