Letting the world know...

Options
Well, the world knowing is equaling Facebook. I've been using MFP for the last 3 months, and have lost awesome weight, but tomorrow will be the first time that my results are being posted on Facebook. I'm nervous of having those results being publicized, and I'm not sure why. I would think it would just add to more support and encouragement, but there is always that voice that says I can't keep doing this, that I'm just going to fail and be the way that I was.

What do other people think? Do you post to facebook your results? Has it encouraged? Helped? Or did your progress decline?

Replies

• ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    When I first started using MFP I had it set to auto-post when I exercised, completed my diary and when I lost weight. I changed it to just when I lose weight since I think some people were getting annoyed at the frequency of my MFP posts.

For me, combining MFP and FB have been great, I have gotten TONS of encouragement and support! I have even gone so far as posting progress pictures in an album on FB to show off all my hard work. My results have even encouraged some people to join and be successful with MFP themselves.
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have FB and MFP synced in an attempt to hold me more accountable for my exercise and caloric intake. It's helpful, especially since I now have a real-life friend who joined MFP because of a FB post concerning MFP. ^^
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I post what I want them to know and yes everyone is very supportive.