Does Chai Tea promote weight loss?

Options
Hi everyone,

Recently I started brewing Twinnings Chai Tea to drink because the tap water in this city is disgusting. I haven't added anything to it - no honey, sugar, or even milk, and I've lost almost five pounds this week alone. I've had a lot of crap food because of the holiday, so I didn't think I'd lose any weight at all this week. Plus, my midsection is the slimmest it's ever been since dieting. So is it the tea?

Thanks!

Replies

• jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing not- I looove chai tea and drink it almost everyday and there has been no magic weight loss for me. haha. Could it be because your drinking tea instead of juice/pop/other sugary drinks?
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    The only thing in Chai tea that I think could help weight loss is the cinnamon in it. Cinnamon is meant to help with fat burning I think.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The only thing in Chai tea that I think could help weight loss is the cinnamon in it. Cinnamon is meant to help with fat burning I think.
    I think even Dr. Oz would say the actual amount of cinnamon in a tea bag is negligible.

OP: I can't think of any logical reason, but go with it!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Could be the caffeine too. But it probably isn't the main reason you have lost weight. You have probably just replaced chai with something else you used to be drinking or are now drinking more fluids then you were previously so have lost some fluid retention.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I swear I read this as "Does Tai Chi promote weight loss"
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I swear I read this as "Does Tai Chi promote weight loss"

LOL

Unless you swapped chai tea for 17500cals of other food then I'd say it is a case of the "don't rely on scale numbers" only.