Calories... Daily or weekly?

Options
Let's say I am aiming for a deficit for 1lb per week. I have no problem maintaining this as a weekly average, where I eat really well and clean during the week, but splurge on (mainly healthy) food and (not too healthy) drink on the weekend. If I am mainly hitting my macros, while having some 800-1000 cal days during the week, but making up for it on the weekends so my weekly average is working out to the 3500 cal deficit I want is it an issue?

I'm striving for weight loss, with health as an added benefit. I work out moderately (30 day shred) and never feel hungry. I'm just curious from those that are knowledgeable how important the day to day is vs the overall "big picture"

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Personally its doable, but I wouldnt recommend doing it all the time. You body needs at least 1200 a day..
  • AmyLeighWarren
    Options
    As long as you are eating a minimum of 1200 calories a day then you are able to "save up" the extra for the weekends. Make sure you do lots of exercise during the week and just use those calories at the weekend if you feel you really need to. but dont go below the minimum or your body will hate you for it.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I do it weekly, I wouldn't last if I couldn't drink. I don't eat as little as you during the week though.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you want to continue with this method I would suggest you check out the Spike 84 group, just to get an idea of how others deliberately do this. Spiking works this way, but when you calculate your numbers you are advised not to go below 1200. I spike, it has worked very, very well for me. It helped me break a six month plateau and helps with my eating as well. I am generally not good with the whole "in moderation" thing in terms of daily, so I mostly eat well during the week and then on Saturdays have a spike day on which I eat anything I want (as long as I hit my target for that day, which is 3,000).