Wanting to lose Baby Fat!

Options
Hi, I'm new here and have just had a baby who is now 11 weeks old. He is my 10th baby.:happy: So I have been adding on since #5 and need to get serious about losing this weight. I will be 40 next summer and he will be one. | would like to be well on my way to losing the 60lbs I have to lose. I have never really dieted, but have been an exerciser. Haven't got back into my exercising routine yet..well not a routine, more of a hit and miss, but am hoping to be very motivated by many of you! I need some advice on how to get off of sugar..seems to be my biggest downfall. I eat breakfast and do okay, until I need that pick me up or just the fact that sugar is so yummy. So any suggestions on how to start saying no to sugar would help greatly. Also I am breastfeeding my beautiful baby and wonder if you can change your calorie counter on his site? Just curious. Thanks and look forward working together on this weight loss venture!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and have just had a baby who is now 11 weeks old. He is my 10th baby.:happy: So I have been adding on since #5 and need to get serious about losing this weight. I will be 40 next summer and he will be one. | would like to be well on my way to losing the 60lbs I have to lose. I have never really dieted, but have been an exerciser. Haven't got back into my exercising routine yet..well not a routine, more of a hit and miss, but am hoping to be very motivated by many of you! I need some advice on how to get off of sugar..seems to be my biggest downfall. I eat breakfast and do okay, until I need that pick me up or just the fact that sugar is so yummy. So any suggestions on how to start saying no to sugar would help greatly. Also I am breastfeeding my beautiful baby and wonder if you can change your calorie counter on his site? Just curious. Thanks and look forward working together on this weight loss venture!
    welcome aboard .....good luck on your weightless journey .....what i do when i crave sugar is grab a piece of fruit...extra sugarless gum ,,,, sugarfree jello with fatfree whipped topping ....or i make a fruit smoothie
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    correction: weight loss not weight less lol
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    congrats on baby #10 .....:flowerforyou:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Doctors recommend you eat 500 extra calories each day when breastfeeding. What you can do is add it as an exercise that burns 500 calories. That will add it to your total.

Congrats on baby!:flowerforyou:
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    Doctors recommend you eat 500 extra calories each day when breastfeeding. What you can do is add it as an exercise that burns 500 calories. That will add it to your total.

Congrats on baby!:flowerforyou:
    thats an excellent idea. i never thought of doing that. i am breastfeeding as well.cool:glasses:
  • glitterlynx
    Options
    Welcome . :flowerforyou: And congrats on your baby. Fruit is the best if you love sugar. Plus there are all kinds of ways to make yummy treats out of it. Without the extra sugar of course. :bigsmile:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth also and switch to splenda, not sure if it okay to use while breast feeding. M sister had a baby 2mo ago and she lost ALL her weight just by breestfeeding.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: