Zig Zag Calorie intake?

Options
I have seen a few times about changing up your daily calorie intake to alternating days to confuse yor metabolism. i.e. eating 1500 one day then 1500 the second day and 2000 the third day then starting back at 1500 or simular cycle's.

Has anyone tried this or know a little more info about if it works?

Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My wife tried this method when she hit a plateau. She had tried every trick in the book to make the scales shift, after a two or three weeks of zig-zagging her cals. Her weight started to move..in the right direction, not sure if it works for everyone but pleased to say it worked for her.

her BMR was set to 1400 daily. For the first three days she ate a high calorific intake, then for two days a low calorific intake, then repeated the cycle. At first her weight didn't seem to move, in fact she put a couple of pound on, since then she has been able to lose about 7 pounds.

she copied this method:

http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't think it does anything for your metabolism, but there's some anecdotal evidence that upping the carb calories on workout days helps to preserve lean body mass. You can't really trick the body into burning more calories.