Nsv - I can wear a bikini!

Options
Ohmydaze
Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
I've never really been overweight, but I was a chubby child, turning into a weight conscious teenager.. I guess puberty helps, because over the past few years I've actually got some curves. I've always been way too self conscious to wear a bikini - they never looked good on me. My arms were always too chubby, there was too much flab around my belly, but not enough to fill out a bikini top, and my legs were just wobby and horrible.

On Saturday, I impulse bought a cute bikini on sale - despite the only options being a Size 6, or size 14. ( 2, and 10, for my american friends) I got the 6, not really expecting it to fit (See, I'm terrible with money in my pocket! :laugh: ) BUT IT DID!! IT FIT!

2uratxs.jpg

I love it :) I still want to lose a few pounds, and tone up, but I'm getting there. I may not have lost much weight, but I've gained a lot of confidence, so why shouldn't I share it here. This is my FIRST EVER proper bikini. To me, that's an awesome NSV.

:flowerforyou:

Edit - Oh yeah, the tags are still on, becuase I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it. They've since disappeared. :bigsmile:

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that's great you decided to keep it, it looks great on you! how tall are you?
  • Ohmydaze
    Options
    Thank you :) It's certainly motivation to work harder - I want toned muscles :)

I'm only 5'2 ish.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Way to rock that bikini!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

I'm only 5'2 ish.

can i ask how much you weigh now? i am also 5 2 and would love to look like you.. just not sure how much more i need to lose....
  • Ohmydaze
    Options

I'm only 5'2 ish.

can i ask how much you weigh now? i am also 5 2 and would love to look like you.. just not sure how much more i need to lose....

Thank you, no one's ever said that to me before! :) I weigh 117.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Wonderful - you look fabulous :drinker:

Very few ladies can ever pull this off without turning heads for all the wrong reasons.
    Well done on your achievement, and have fun showing off.
    Part of having it is showing it.
    Awesome Job - Success Is A Choice!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You look very sexy! Nice work.
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!!
  • cattyphyllis
    Options
    I think you should wear that bikini proudly--you look cute in it.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV!! Congrats! you look lovely in it :happy: Glad you kept it
  • dsmease7
    dsmease7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing:) Your rocking that bikini! Congrats on your progress & glad to hear you took the tags off. Be proud of your hard work & good luck on your goals of getting more toned.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    WTG! Awesome work!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    that's an itty bitty bikini! rock it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!