Thursday Check In Group - September 17th

Options
Hi there everyone ... this group is for people who would like to record their weight each Thursday and set a goal for the end of 2009. We also post any old time to chat, advise, and support each other. We have a few new members this week and everyone is welcome. Just cut and paste the section of the scedule below that pertains to when you started and you're on your way.

YEAR END GOAL: I would like to be 20 lbs. lighter by then ... that would bring me to 169 lbs.
July 16 - 189 lbs.
July 23 - 187.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs.)
July 30 - 186 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-3 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 6 - 184.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-4.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 13 - 185 lbs (+.5 lbs. this week) (-4 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 20 - 183 lbs (-2 lbs. this week) (-6 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 27 - 180.5 lbs (-2.5 lbs. this week) (-8.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 3 - 181.5 lbs (+1 lb. this week) (-7.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 10 - 179.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-9.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 17 - 176.5 (-3 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 24
Oct 1
Oct 8
Oct 15
Oct 22
Oct 29
Nov 5
Nov 12
Nov 19
Nov 26
Dec 3
Dec 10
Dec 17
Dec 24 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE !!!
Dec 31 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Down 3 this week ... can't complain about that. :happy:

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    14605.gif
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Great lose Maggie -3 good for you!!!!!
    I am down 2 lbs so far 6 since I started Sept 1st. I know I am suppose to copy the dates but I'm scared to look at the #'s still (I guess that is not a good sign but I guess it's what is working for me at the moment) I like seeing the weight go down that's for sure but that total still freaks me out a bit:noway:

Good luck to you all this week....talk to you soon
    Sheri
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    July 30th - 154 pounds
    August 6th - 150 pounds
    August 13th- 150 pounds
    August 20th - 147 pounds
    August 27th - 144 pounds
    September 3rd - 144 pounds
    September 10th - 144 pounds
    September 17th - 144 pounds

Again no loss this week. Well, thats been a full month without a loss now. I am not liking this:grumble:

-Tanya
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Tanya those last 10lbs are the hardest, have you tried tricking your metabolism, I have a plan at the gym and a few pointers for when you hit a plateau are....
    1. 3 days no carbs. Do not eat any carbs at all. No bread,pasta,corn,potatoes ecr. Eat only protein. You can still have fruits, veggies and dairy. The 3 days must be continuous no skipping a day.

2. Increase your workout time by 30 minutes each session and workout at least 4-5 x's until you lose weight again.

3.select one day and eat everything you would not normally eat on a regular basis....aka junk food lol. Whatever is out of the ordinary. This change will shock your system and cause your metabolism to work harder to digest a lafger and more unusual quantity of food. This one is a bit tricky because you have to be sure it is only 1 day and if self control is an issue or you have treated yourself more often it might not trick your body and you could fall off the wagon.

Hope this helps and it gives you that boost you need :happy:

Sheri
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sept 3 ~~~~189,6~~~
    Sept 10 ~~~192.6~~~ gained 3 lbs
    Sept 17~~~186.0~~~ lost 6 .6 lbs.
    Sept 24
    Oct 1
    Oct 8
    Oct 15
    Oct 22
    Oct 29
    Nov 5
    Nov 12
    Nov 19
    Nov 26
    Dec 3
    Dec 10
    Dec 17
    Dec 31 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The most ever lost in one week.
    Calie
  • magglett
    Options
    Okay ... I just have to make this a quickie since I'm at work right now.

Tanya ... that's quite the plateau eh? I know it can be really frustrating but they're an unfortunate fact of Weight Loss Life ... take pride in the fact that you're living a healthier more active lifestyle now ... keep hanging in there ... it will move eventually ... slow and steady wins the race.

Sherie ... Wow ... 6 lbs. since September 1st ... that's way awesome. Personally, I would be shouting that from the rooftop ... Way to Go!!! But if you don't want to write it out the way we are that's cool too ... what ever works for you. I'm happy for you.

Calliecat ... WOW WOW WOW!!! 6.6 lbs. in a week. I love it when that happens! Good Job. YAY!!!
  • sheri5734
    Options
    I know Maggie I am a chicken s**t :blushing: but I am very proud that I have lost 6lbs I feel better already and I will one day face the actual # on the scale and share but for now I hate it and really want it to go waaaaayyyyy down :laugh:

Again congrats Callie it is an awesome amount to lose it must feel fantastic!

Anybody know what has happened to Cindy? I know I am having a hard time getting Mishelle to do this she seems to want it but just not bad enough yet (if you read this Mishelle get mad and do it :laugh: )

Have a great day everyone and make great choices!
  • magglett
    Options
    I know Maggie I am a chicken s**t :blushing: but I am very proud that I have lost 6lbs I feel better already and I will one day face the actual # on the scale and share but for now I hate it and really want it to go waaaaayyyyy down :laugh:

Again congrats Callie it is an awesome amount to lose it must feel fantastic!

Anybody know what has happened to Cindy? I know I am having a hard time getting Mishelle to do this she seems to want it but just not bad enough yet (if you read this Mishelle get mad and do it :laugh: )

Have a great day everyone and make great choices!

Hey ... there really is no pressure here at all ... if you don't want to share something then don't ... it's all good. I believe Cindy is out of town right now but she'll be back. As for Michelle ... we all come down this road when we are good and ready ... people can't be forced ... I'm happy you're with us and Michelle knows that we're all here when she's good and ready to join us.
  • sheri5734
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!
    Well the weekend is here, my achilles heel of dieting:laugh: I tend to not drink the right amount of water and it's when I take my days off from the workouts. But I seem to still make ok choices in the food department but I have to make great choices. So as I say one day at a time!

Good luck everyone and have a great weekend with lots of good choices:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lets all have a good weekend. I don't espect to lose like I did last week but what will happen will happen. But it is my health I am more conerned about. I am on Insulin and i have been taking 4 shots a day. Well I am happy to report I only had to take 2 shots yesterday. Did not need one at lunch or dinner. And I have been on 4 a day for at lest 2 years. Dont look like I need one for breakfast this morning either. My coconut diet is doing it job. ~~~~~~~~`Calie~~~~~~~i haven't lost any this week yet. Lets see who will be the biggest loser this week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi there everyone ... this group is for people who would like to record their weight each Thursday and set a goal for the end of 2009. We also post any old time to chat, advise, and support each other. We have a few new members this week and everyone is welcome. Just cut and paste the section of the scedule below that pertains to when you started and you're on your way.

YEAR END GOAL: I would like to be 20 lbs. lighter by then ... that would bring me to 169 lbs.
    July 16 - 189 lbs.
    July 23 - 187.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs.)
    July 30 - 186 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-3 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Aug 6 - 184.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-4.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Aug 13 - 185 lbs (+.5 lbs. this week) (-4 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Aug 20 - 183 lbs (-2 lbs. this week) (-6 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Aug 27 - 180.5 lbs (-2.5 lbs. this week) (-8.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Sept 3 - 181.5 lbs (+1 lb. this week) (-7.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Sept 10 - 179.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-9.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Sept 17 - 176.5 (-3 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
    Sept 24
    Oct 1
    Oct 8
    Oct 15
    Oct 22
    Oct 29
    Nov 5
    Nov 12
    Nov 19
    Nov 26
    Dec 3
    Dec 10
    Dec 17
    Dec 31 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Down 3 this week ... can't complain about that. :happy:
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Lets all have a good weekend. I don't espect to lose like I did last week but what will happen will happen. But it is my health I am more conerned about. I am on Insulin and i have been taking 4 shots a day. Well I am happy to report I only had to take 2 shots yesterday. Did not need one at lunch or dinner. And I have been on 4 a day for at lest 2 years. Dont look like I need one for breakfast this morning either. My coconut diet is doing it job. ~~~~~~~~`Calie~~~~~~~i haven't lost any this week yet. Lets see who will be the biggest loser this week.
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Callie that is awesome:smile: way to go girl here's looking to being shot free:drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Sheri.

I think Cindy said she would be back this Sunday. Yea i missed her. She has done such a terrific job.

We hae a guy coming out this morning to hook up my VCR And The DVD And then this afternoon I will wath all of Patrick Swazee [mispell] Movies.

I will be getting my walk in as soon as it get daylight here. I think I will sneak off from Sammy this morning so I can walk further. We did get some sunshine here yesterday in between the rain. I don't see no storms on the TV radar this morning. So maybe we will have a nice day.

Calie
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Sheri, thanks for the great advise. I have been trying the Zig Zag thing recommended on here. So basically one day I will go over my caloroies a little and the next day go under my calories a little and its supposed to jump start the matabolism. I think that also this week I did'nt loose anything because it is my TOM. I think that has a lot to do with it since I heard that the weight fluctuates a lot during that time. I'm hoping I'll see a differnce by next week.

Maggie, I know the last 10 pounds are the hardest its just very frustrating but I am trying to stay strong and just look at the bright side that I've already lost so much and I am half way to my goal.

Callie, Great job on your weight loss. Thats great!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend:flowerforyou:

-Tanya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Tanya. Just keep on your plan. It will moved, But I know how you feel. Don't get discougage. It will all work out.. We are behind you. your pain is our pain.~~~~~~~~`Calie
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Ladies I need 2 minutes to vent or I am chowing down on a cheescake:laugh: I just got some news that has really made me mad:mad: I am planning on doing another marathon scheduled for Alaska June 2010 ( I walk them not run I am not built for running:happy: ) and my friend and I had to reschedule it to 6 months later to New Orleans because she found out she was expecting (not planned since she is 42 and her husband was "fixed" last year and it didn't work) Anyway the charity that we are doing this for is going to charge us $800 each to switch so they are going to add it to our fundraising for that event making it $4800 not $4000.

One of the reasons we switched was because of the time and the cost was $1500 less to do NO then Alaska........I am so frustrated right now and I want to eat!!!!!!!
    I had such a great time in Hawaii last Sept doing the 1/2 marathon and helping out a charity and doing something that I was very proud of that I sign up to do it again and this is the thanks we get!!!!!!

Ok well I do feel better typing this out to you all and I think I will go and sit on the bike and peddle my frustrations out and not order a large pizza for supper:happy:

Thanks for reading it and if you didn't that's cool too because I needed to put it out on the screen!
    Sheri (hope you all have a great weekend)
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

So I just took my measurements after not measuring for over a month and my neck is smaller a little, and I lost a lot in my waist but my hips got bigger. How is that?:huh:

I am soo confused. Anyways just wanted to let you guys know. Hope you enjoy your weekends!

-Tanya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Hi Sheri,

I just read your post. Sorry about the marathon. That stinks. That let it get to you, its not worth it. In the end everything always works itself out one way or another. Glad you decided to vent with excersice instead of eating. Good Choice.

Talk soon,

Tanya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in this beautiful Sunday. Oh it is so nice . Sunshine and all.
    Cindy will be looking forward to hear all about your trip..
    Maggie, Tanya and sheri have a nice day.
    Calie