Spartans! Prepare for Glory!

Options
Can you handle it?

-The actors in the movie 300 really had those nice ripped bodies- nothing digitally enhanced. I just thought this was pretty cool, and all the guys at my work are trying to do this right now, lol.

The 300 Workout
The workout gets its name from the total number of repetitions. But those 300 reps weren't done daily, as some media accounts report, Twight says. Rather, the 300 workout was the finale of months of training, a kind of graduation test, after actors had weight lifted and trained with tools such as medicine balls and Kettlebells (cast iron weights with handles).

It's daunting, and includes these weight-training moves:

25 pull-ups
50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
50 push-ups
50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps
There's no rest between movements and the score is based on total time, Twight says.

This is the website I got this info:
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/the-300-workout-can-you-handle-it

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    sounds like crossfit :) killer workouts
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I'm getting sore just reading that. I may have to see what I can do now and train for it. If I pull it off I'll treat myself by buying a shield and spear. :laugh:
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I was sure there would be something involving kicking people into bottomless pits..... I'm disappointed :cry:
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    300 workout is cool and Crossfit is awesome (and so influenced my weight loss!!!)
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dine (on lean-protein and veggies)....... IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bella151
    Options
    TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dine (on lean-protein and veggies)....... IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's hilarious!:laugh: