Ran My 1st 5k??!

Options
13»

Replies

• rocknrolljunkie_
    rocknrolljunkie_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Saturday I ran my first 5k with a friend. She is an experienced runner as she runs marathons often. She slowed her pace down a lot to run with me but it was nice to have her there encouraging me. I have ran 3.1 miles on a treadmill but never outside. It was very hard, the hills kicked my butt but all in all, I made it to the finish line! It took me 48 minutes (which is a lot longer than I wanted) and am a little disappointed but have a time to beat for next time I guess. Anyway, I just wanted to share :)

Hey I ran my first 5k this weekend too! And it took me 45 minutes which was also a lot longer than I wanted and I was kinda bummed out about it too... I totally get how you feel! But you're right. Now we both have a time to beat for next time :) I signed up for my next 5k yesterday afternoon. It'll be in October when it's not so frickin' hot, lol...
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    agree, running outside is WAY different. now you have a time to beat. keep at it!
  • leanne5025
    leanne5025 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You should be proud that you did your best!

I ran my first 5K on July 4th and had a great time. I was pretty nervous but overall did way better than I expected to. I do all my running outdoors so I was prepared for the reality of running on solid ground...it's a lot different than a treadmill and better IMHO.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a goal of mine to do a road race this Fall... you are an inspiration!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! That is a great accomplishment for you and you should be proud! I'm doing my first 5k in 2 weeks. I'm so excited!
  • rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! Congratulations!
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Who cares how long it took you!!! You DID it! And that's what counts. And that is what is AWESOME! Be proud of the accomplishment. It's HUGE. How far did you Run this time last year? And how far do you think you will be able to run next year? I ran my 1st 5K on July 4, 2011. Yup. Just last year. Took me 42 minutes. This past Saturday, 1 year and 3 days later, I ran my first Olympic triathlon. That's a 1 mile swim, a 30 mile bike ride and a 6.2 mile run. Trust me. If I can do it you can do it! And you've already done the hardest part. You started! Keep up the great work.
  • ashmarie25
    ashmarie25 Posts: 26
    Options
    Last year I would be lucky to have ran a mile so I am improving. I just have to keep working at it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!